Olympic & Paralympic Games London 2012

Starvinho

Mo Farrah in the 5000 metres was incredible, I'd missed the 10000 as I was at a wedding, but saw the second gold and was shouting at ye tv with my family.

Watching Jade Jones win was probably the tensest I've felt watching a gold being won at these Games. She's from

Not too far from me and I really wanted her to win. And she was an outside bet before the games too which made it even better.

Chris Hoy in the Kerrin was pretty special too, so glad he got gold, he deserves it.

All 3 gold medals that we won in the space of 45 minutes, the entire pub came to a standstill to watch Jess' and Mo's medal wins and everyone started going crazy when Ennis, in particular, crossed the line.

Wiggins winning was good too, as was Mo's second win... I enjoyed the triathlon lads winning gold and bronze too as their old PE teacher is my friend's (well, I don't really see him much these days, but still) dad.

I'd like to see a list made by the Brits of moments that didn't include Brits winning. :shifty:

The Dutch Women's Hockey team.

Not a particular moment, just in general.

It turns out I know Jade Jones' coach! I never knew this side of him beforehand. I will treat him with a bit more respect from now on.

Em my favourite moments were probs Chris Hoy's solo gold, Jess Ennis winning, Ian Thorpe and Michael Johnson being on telly lots and John McEnroe covering beach volleyball!

I liked it all really.

On the topic of favourite moments. There was quite a few for me. Mo's 10,000 win, Murray trouncing Federer, the brilliant 800m race where everyone ran their personal best, the Cubans Pole Vault Breaking, Our silver medalists in rowing being carried by Steve Redgrave, Chris Hoy's second win and Pretty much the whole opening ceremony. I could name even more.

Fantastic Olympics

Usain Bolt stopping interviews out of respect for ongoing medal presentations. Jade Jones. The judo girl, uh, Gibbons? I feel bad for not knowing her name >_> Pretty much everything in the velodrome.

And Ian Thorpe, Michael Johnson and Claire Balding showing just how poor our sports analysis/punditry/whatever generally is.

American TV takes itself too serious. I'm glad we still live in a world over here where we can have over 3 hours of historic events ad-free rather than miss 73%.

Not so much "taking itself seriously" as it is that they know what their audience wants. I didn't even watch the hour long version, let alone a three hour concert. It's a different culture, over here, guy.