Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

25 minutes ago, Jasonmufc said:

Pretty sure there's a way to do it through Steam Link, but I think with non-steam games it becomes finicky.

You could also download Parsec (Parsec.app), I use it to play HCTP with mates living on the other side of the country. You can use it to share your screen with multiple people and link up controllers and the like. The latency is super low too making fighting games actually viable.

It should be able to run TEW without any sort of issues, it's free, and it works with any game rather than it being vendor locked.

Ok, I will have to look into that. I work through my lunch sometimes and it'd be nice to be able to pop onto TEW or CIV 6 or a non frantic, real time game for a few minutes to catch a break.

17 minutes ago, JMarushin said:

Ok, I will have to look into that. I work through my lunch sometimes and it'd be nice to be able to pop onto TEW or CIV 6 or a non frantic, real time game for a few minutes to catch a break.

I think it depends game to game. 

I know, for example, that if I played Binding of Isaac on my computer, logged out and opened the game on my laptop, I would play from the same save file. 

@JMarushin... I decided to not be lazy and find the answer for you. 

It is called Steam Cloud. Look on the Steam Page to see if it is activated. 

• Thanks 1

There's a game that has just come out called "What the Dub"

It's very similar to the Jackbox games in the sense of one person needs the game and you join the room with a code and then you watch a B movie clip, there'll be abit where you have to fill in the blank of a scene which is then played out via text to speech. Its based of old B Movies, PSA announcements etc. Played it with a few mates tonight and we've had a good laugh with it. Would recommend as a party game 

Think it's about roughly £5 

• Like 2

Jeff Kaplan is stepping down from his position with Activision Blizzard after 19 years. Aaron Keller, who has been on the Overwatch team since the start, will be replacing him as game director for Overwatch.

1 minute ago, CLDY said:

Jeff Kaplan is stepping down from his position with Activision Blizzard after 19 years. Aaron Keller, who has been on the Overwatch team since the start, will be replacing him as game director for Overwatch.

Now if we could just remove Ion.....

• 2 weeks later...

Playing Divinity: Original Sin 2. Killed a witch by distracting her with my amazon tank while my team covers the ENTIRE battleground with oil, then after getting everyone to a safe distance, lighting the oil.

• Like 2

https://www.pcgamer.com/overwatchs-new-mei-skin-draws-criticism-for-cultural-appropriation/

The hairstyle has drawn criticism from players, who pointed out that there are many other MMA-inspired hairstyles to draw from. As well as the issues around cultural appropriation, the fact that a Black hairstyle has made its way into the game before a Black female hero has been a point of criticism. While Overwatch 2 will introduce Sojourn, Blizzard has not released a Black female hero in the game's five-year history. 

There's some thing called Core that's free on Epic Games Store. 

Core is a multiverse of free games to play and worlds to explore designed by a global community of developers. Play thousands of Unreal-powered games in every genre imaginable, or create, share, and earn from your own!

There's also what appears to be a survival game that's normally $24.99 called Pine, it's free until May 13.

An open-world action adventure game set in a simulated world in which humans never reached the top of the food chain. Fight with or against a variety of species as you make your way to a new home for your human tribe.

Glenn Rane has left Blizzard to work at LightForge Games, a newer studio founded by ex-Blizzard and ex-Epic employees. Rane was the art lead for Hearthstone and Diablo Immortal, and a principle artist for WoW - if you remember the box art for the Burning Crusade (way back in 2006), that was Glenn Rane.

21 hours ago, CLDY said:

NBA 2K21 is free on Epic Games Store right now, normally a full-price game. Free until the 27th.

Was just coming in to say that. Downloading now - no idea if my laptop will handle it. 

Snagged Emily Is Away Too since it's on sale on Steam - for the next 4 hours still - at $2.49 USD. I'm enjoying it. These kind of narrative games are right up my alley, I loved Depression Quest and the original Emily Is Away, and one of my favorite games of the past year or so is a tiny indie narrative game that came in the itch.io Bundle For Racial Justice