Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

Speaking of graphics cards, Amazon's MMO is in beta and it's frying RTX 3090s. Those were $1500 graphics cards at launch.

35 minutes ago, CLDY said:

Speaking of graphics cards, Amazon's MMO is in beta and it's frying RTX 3090s. Those were $1500 graphics cards at launch.

Ultimately I think the headline on that is "something about New World is setting the conditions that trigger a fault that fries 3090s" because it's the ONLY card being effected and even then I think it's only the EVGA subset - so that's an issue with the card itself and not the game.

I started playing Fortnite today. Maybe the 2nd or 3rd time I've tried it and I really had fun! I started at level 2 and by the time I was done with games with my friend, I was level 15. We also won like 4 games as a duo! The first time purely by accident, we didn't even realize we were in the final 5.

1 hour ago, CLDY said:

I started playing Fortnite today. Maybe the 2nd or 3rd time I've tried it and I really had fun! I started at level 2 and by the time I was done with games with my friend, I was level 15. We also won like 4 games as a duo! The first time purely by accident, we didn't even realize we were in the final 5.

Were you playing on Keyboard + mouse or controller? I've found playing on controller can be fun!

Keyboard and mouse, but I do have an XBox controller plugged in. I had wondered if I could use it but I didn't even try!

If anyone is looking for a cool, interesting and cheap roguelite, pick up SNKRX for like... 3$. It is the classic game snake with two basic movement controls, but each round you gain gold and can buy new units to join your snake line and the next round is harder. You can get the usual classes like archer, a gunner, magicians, but also some really bizarre ones like a character who spawns volcanoes to kill enemies. It is on Steam and is really cool.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, FLiam said:

FarCry 5 is listed on Steam as "free to play" for the next three days. 

Does anyone know if these are play and keep sort of deals like Epic Games do? Before I waste my time downloading it. 

Normally, they're just free to play for a set amount of days. Usually just a weekend.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/08/2021 at 10:02, Bobfoc said:

Humankind is coming to Game Pass at launch.

I pre-ordered it on steam and have been playing a beginning game most of the night, so far the map is beautiful and I am really enjoying it. There's a lot of features I am intrigued by like the changing cultures and unified victory condtion.

• Like 1