Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

I heard that it might have only been deep bruising which is rather lucky considering the amount of times Agger gets injured/how important he is to the team.

I'd say that on the mathematical principles I suggested above it was very consistent. All you need to acknoweldge for it to make sense is that the FA have no clue what they're doing, which I think everybody knew anyway.

The penalty is suspended until after the outcome of any appeal, or the time for appealing expires, or should Mr Terry decide not to appeal. The reason for this is to ensure that the penalty does not take effect before any appeal so that Mr Terry has an effective right of appeal.

He is therefore fine for Arsenal (away) and Norwich (home), but likely suspended for Spurs (away), Manchester United (home), Manchester United (League Cup) and Swansea (away). Alternatively if he were to officially 'not appeal' either tomorrow or next week, that could shift a little.

Well the Spurs game will be the weekend of the latest "Kick it out" awareness campaign. No doubt the players will be wearing Kick it out t-shirts and stuff, so probably not a bad thing he's not there. The Spurs fans would probably launch into torrents of abuse at him.