Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

• Admin
John Terry's representatives have released the following statement.

"Mr. Terry is disappointed that the FA Regulatory Commission has reached a different conclusion to the clear not guilty verdict of a court of law.

"He has asked for the detailed written reasons of the decision and will consider them carefully before deciding whether to lodge an appeal."

Chelsea have released a statement in reaction to the news that John Terry has received a four-match ban and £220,000 fine following an FA hearing at Wembley.

"Chelsea Football Club notes and respects today's decision by the Football Association regarding John Terry.

"We also recognise that John has the right to appeal that decision. It is therefore inappropriate for us to comment further on the matter at this time."

Alan Pardew - and his coaching staff of John Carver, Steve Stone and Andy Woodman - have signed new Newcastle United deals until 2020.

Magpies managing director Derek Llambias said: "If you look at clubs like Manchester United and Arsenal, Sir Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger have shown that stability gives you the best platform to achieve success and that is the model we wish to emulate here."

I'd love to see Rodgers last at Liverpool. I genuinely believe he is building something good.

Me too.

I most certainly think Rodgers is in it for the long haul at Liverpool. Rafa was the last manager we had who actually had that capability (it was blatantly obvious Kenny wouldn't be a long term fixture and Hodgson was brought in simply just to fill a role until H&G sold the club) and it's really refreshing.

Sure, we've not won a league game yet but it seems like things are starting to click, our cup teams have a resilience that no Liverpool first team has shown outside the odd big occasion (coming from behind and winning in the Europa League and League Cup) for a bit.

• Admin

Good news guys, the eager wait for Joey Barton's say on the Terry verdict has come!

Joey Barton, who is currently serving a 12-match domestic ban for violent conduct, tweeted in response to Terry's ban: "Well I think that proves a lot. What an absolute farce. Twelve games for violent conduct and only four for that. (The) FA should be embarrassed #shambles."

It's a complete joke that Terry only gets 4 games when Suazez got 8. Found guilty of the same thing but Terry gets half the ban. Where the hell is the logic. Obviously throwing a temper tantrum and quitting playing for England has worked.