Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

Right, so the Tiote sending off is a bit of an arguable one, but Niall Quinn is now trying to convince me he's deliberately gone for the man having looked at him first, and that it was three feet off the ground. For fucks sake.

Our worst performance of the season, sadly trumping our last performance against Man City - so not a good couple of weeks. Will seriously have to improve if we want to beat Stoke away next week in my opinion. On the upside we got a point when I didn't think we would, and we didn't pick up a single yellow card today which is a welcome change.

Worst day of the season well and truly over, I look forward to my last two matches at the Stadium of Light against Middlesbrough and Aston Villa. :)

Shame I'm not doing Stoke away again this season, was the coldest match I've ever been to! But yes - last season we drew 0-0 at Villa at home in an awful, awful match and obviously needed a replay in the FA Cup against Boro last season - obviously not possible this season with it being the Carling Cup but yeah, we weren't great against them.

As an aside, though Coloccini and Rose were outstanding today. Colo always seems to play brilliantly against us, he was taking long balls out the air and getting them under control with a lovely first touch.

Colo's brilliant against everyone, easily the best centre half I've seen at Newcastle which may be faint praise but does include Woodgate as a close second. He adds so much to the team its ridiculous, so important for starting attacks and controlling the team. I actually love him, which is worrying.

He had an occasional turn of pace, but couldn't defend for toffee.

I'm still not seeing Tiotes foul as a red, probably influenced by the (disgusting) colour of his shirt, but all I'm seeing is a late tackle. He's side on, in control, and Fletcher goes over his instep, yellow card. The fact he'd have got the ball had he not been yanked back isn't important but he could've been given some benefit of the doubt.

Pointless wingeing on, but I've a feeling if it was anyone other than Tiote (or indeed Cattermole had he been on) its a yellow.