Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

In his press conference, Benitez said that Arsenal is the perfect team for Chelsea to play now because we know that they're a good team and near us in the table, so we have to stay completely focused.

Inferring, presumably, that we/he thought we could sleepwalk through the matches against QPR, Swansea and Southampton. Having been in attendance for all three, it certainly looked like it at the time. Perhaps a bit of sleepwalking on his part would explain the lack of response in either tactics or substitutions as well (although admittedly that would mean he had been sleepwalking for years now...).

Now I'm not someone who has ever booed Rafa, nor do I see the point in ever doing so, but fuck me if he doesn't keep finding new ways to sap my enthusiasm every week.

Can't wait to sign Benteke when Villa go down :)

Seriously though, that was quite special and I'm hoping for a Villa win. Want them to stay up.

He's an Arsenal fan. If anyone is pinching him, it's them.

"We know what you are, we know what you are, obsessed with Villa, we know what you are."

Totally true.

Well that was a depressing drive home, and Villa winning doesn't help. I'm sure there'll be some whinging on MOTD about booing, and its not great, but quite what Pardew is thinking making a defensive change to try to shore up a game when we've been incapable of keeping clean sheets is beyond me. We spent an hour playing possession football and restricting Reading to two chances (although Pob should've scored one of them), then we go defensive and invite them onto us for half an hour and expect not to concede. Mindless.

His post match interview mentions that Cabaye goes off injured which is why we took two of our creative players off within five minutes, but Cabaye was never going to last the 90 so should've made way in the first place rather than Marveaux, as it was we took all three bright sparks off and were left wellying shite at no one. Shapeless nonsense like its been all season, and he can't use injuries or the Europa league to disguise that.

Basically a ten minute instructional video on how to throw away a game of football.

Well that was a depressing drive home, and Villa winning doesn't help. I'm sure there'll be some whinging on MOTD about booing, and its not great, but quite what Pardew is thinking making a defensive change to try to shore up a game when we've been incapable of keeping clean sheets is beyond me. We spent an hour playing possession football and restricting Reading to two chances (although Pob should've scored one of them), then we go defensive and invite them onto us for half an hour and expect not to concede. Mindless.

His post match interview mentions that Cabaye goes off injured which is why we took two of our creative players off within five minutes, but Cabaye was never going to last the 90 so should've made way in the first place rather than Marveaux, as it was we took all three bright sparks off and were left wellying shite at no one. Shapeless nonsense like its been all season, and he can't use injuries or the Europa league to disguise that.

Basically a ten minute instructional video on how to throw away a game of football.

I know the old "no team is too good to go down", but I dunno. Full of quality you lot are, and something doesn't make sense. You obviously have cash to spend, you have a good team.. and it just isn't working. Boggles the mind. Outsider's perspective, obviously.

• Like 1