Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

We don't have to go through the same media love-in we had when he retired the last time do we?

In all honesty I've never got the Scholes love-in, he was by far the weakest of the Beckham, Keane, Giggs and Scholes midfield. I dunno, to me he's always been someone who's perceived as great because of the players around him more than him being great himself.

We don't have to go through the same media love-in we had when he retired the last time do we?

In all honesty I've never got the Scholes love-in, he was by far the weakest of the Beckham, Keane, Giggs and Scholes midfield. I dunno, to me he's always been someone who's perceived as great because of the players around him more than him being great himself.

You've gone wrong.

Scholes is one of those players who allows other players around him to play their game to the best of their ability. He could dictate the tempo of a game, ping a pass nearly anywhere on the field and he had a knack for popping up and scoring a tap in or a screamer. Longevity comes into as well, as he still looked fantastic for United up to the age of 38.