The Capital One Cup 2012/13 Thread

Lineker

How bad was Luke Varney's miss for Leeds? Just seen it on SSN, one of the worst I've ever seen!

I know it's a phrase that's bandied about a lot but that actually was way harder to miss. Short of hitting it backwards, he couldn't have hit that at any other angle for it to miss. I hope he never wears the shirt again (not just based on that, he's generally gash).

In the words of the 5 Live Sports Extra commentator: "If you'd never seen a football in your life and that opportunity fell to you, I'd back you to score it" referring to a Luke Varney miss from 6 inches out. He might be the most useless pile of shit to ever pull on a Leeds shirt... and he's competing with the likes of Paul Rachubka, Tresor Kandol, Peter Sweeney and Billy Paynter.

I'm glad he was shit for you lot, because he's doing very well here now!

Also...

It is not the first time Reading have been beaten 7-5. The Royals, despite four goals from Kerry Dixon, lost by the same scoreline at Third Division opponents Doncaster Rovers in September 1982.

:D

So glad Arsenal/Reading happened, means no one is paying attention to possibly the worst performance I've seen in a long time from us. That was reminiscent to the end of Bruce's time as manager. Villa in the league on Saturday, not going to be a pretty match.

BBC gossip column says Chelsea have asked their fans to wear fancy dress tonight. Please tell me that's true.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/2964211/title/halloween-at-the-bridge-this-wednesday

Will probably be focused on just the family section (West Stand Lower) though.

United team vs Chelsea: Lindegaard, Rafael, Keane, Wooton, Buttner, Nani, Fletcher, Anderson, Giggs, Hernandez, Welbeck

Subs: Johnstone, Powell, Macheda, Lingard, Vermijl, Brady, Tunnicliffe

10 changes for us. Quite an inexperienced defence too.

Edited by Starvinho

BBC gossip column says Chelsea have asked their fans to wear fancy dress tonight. Please tell me that's true.

Tenner bet says that the cameras focus on a group of minstrels <_<

I hear John Terry has his ghost costume ready.

kkk-robe-l.jpg

• Like 1

Liverpool squad:

Jones, Robinson, Coates, Carragher, Henderson, Shelvey, Allen, Cole, Assaidi, Yesil, Downing.

Subs: Ward, Suarez, Gerrard, Suso, Sterling, Skrtel, Wisdom.