2012/13 UEFA Champions League thread

Lineker

I don't like the apologetic comments of City "learning on the job" in the CL. They're not a team of lesser knowns thrown into the CL. They're a team full of some of the worlds best players. These are international class players, and most of them have been in the CL previously. They just fell apart. Like Hart said; Madrid are a fantastic, talented side - but so are City.

• Like 2

All credit to Joe Hart for that interview.

And fuck ITV for blaming him for the second and third goals. Benzema's is a great turn and finish, right in the corner and has Hart at full stretch while Ronaldo's dips right infront of him when he'd expect Kompany to get a block on it anyway.

I don't like the apologetic comments of City "learning on the job" in the CL. They're not a team of lesser knowns thrown into the CL. They're a team full of some of the worlds best players. These are international class players, and most of them have been in the CL previously. They just fell apart. Like Hart said; Madrid are a fantastic, talented side - but so are City.

This all over. I think 'learning to win the league' had it's points, because Fergie is usually the master of that and generally see's off the end and wins. But this team have players playing at the highest levels and a few that have played their fair share of Champs league; Yaya, Maicon, Tevez and then the experience from last year. Maybe there's a 'getting to know each other period' for some of the partnerships out there, but heh, losing to Madrid at home isn't the worst thing and there are a lot of positives to take from the match.

And whatever Summers said about the goals. Hart should've saved the Ronny shot.

Edited by Dingle

I agree completely. Kompany should of blocked it completely.

But he didn't.

So then it's up to Hart to stop it - and he didn't. Hart isn't soley to blame, but he should have saved it.

But once Kompany ducks out of the way, he gives Hart no time to react as the ball dips right infront of him at the last moment.

So. Juventus have not lost a single match either home or away* in 16 months.

Hence we're going to thrash them tonight, obviously. :shifty:

In all seriousness, a draw would be lovely.

* - A rather sly statistic in that their one loss, to Napoli in the Italian Cup Final, came at a neutral ground.

So. Juventus have not lost a single match either home or away* in 16 months.

Hence we're going to thrash them tonight, obviously. :shifty:

In all seriousness, a draw would be lovely.

* - A rather sly statistic in that their one loss, to Napoli in the Italian Cup Final, came at a neutral ground.

Should be a cracker.

Though I'd expect the Juve midfield to dominate this game and I really cant see them losing this one, granted they don't perform defensively how they did at the weekend. As long as the strike force is on form for them and take the chances they'll create tonight, I actually think they'll snatch this. I'm going with 2-1 to Juve :P