World Cup 2014 Qualifiers

Baddar

Colin Hendry being Scottish might be the reason why. I don't watch Soccer AM, but everything I've seen/heard today from various pundits and people discussing the game have talked about how great Bale's comeback to win it for Wales was. No mention of him fouling himself.

I was just about to come here and post that Denmark were actually doing pretty good, getting the big chances and being in control of most of the offensive play.

And then Italy scores. God damn it. I hate what a beautiful goal that was.

The difference in class between Belgium's strikers and the rest of their squad is huge. Benteke just not good or mature enough to be leading the line for a team looking to win a World Cup qualifying group in my opinion. Chadli, Mertens, Dembele and De Bruyne have all been good in the supporting roles but they just don't have a good enough striker it seems. Hazard and Mirallas in the bench though, and Belgium have been battering down the door all half - get the feeling it's very much a "one goal will do" match too. Scotland would have to get lucky or kick through several levels to put a move together and get a goal here, their best shot seems to be set pieces where they've come close.

EDIT: Here comes Hazard. Clearly they want the job done but you don't know how it reflects on the initial XI, as they should really have been able to win this with him.

Edited by IAceI