EWB's Top 100 Artists of 2012

gunnar hendershow

Oh hey, Hop Along. Awesome. Everyone should totally go and listen to Get Disowned because it's one of the best albums of 2012.

Hop Along sounds a whole bunch like some sort of distorted version of debut-album Mew. I still have not made my mind if this is a good or a bad thing.

What the hell? The "Call Me, Maybe" girl? What the hell?

Besides Four Year Strong having one song I liked, that is a shit group.

EDIT: Oh, and by shit group I mean Evanescence, Lady Gaga, Carly person and other people I don't know.

Edited by Ben D.D. Cuntface

What the hell? The "Call Me, Maybe" girl? What the hell?

Besides Four Year Strong having one song I liked, that is a shit group.

EDIT: Oh, and by shit group I mean Evanescence, Lady Gaga, Carly person and other people I don't know.

To be fair, I did vote for Carly Rae Jepsen because I like her album, not just her two famous songs. Only myself and Kats I think voted for her and two 8/9 place finishes are enough to get someone on the list I guess. If I re-did a list now, she probably wouldn't be on it.

Can't comment on Hop Along. I think I recall hearing a Four Year Strong song and disliking it but I don't even know what they sound like anymore so I could be wrong.

Carly Rae Jepsen shouldn't be on this but she recorded the biggest hit of the year so I get it. The kind of year an artist has can have a major effect on placement; The Beatles won for the first time because of the 9/9/9 reiussues and the Rock Band game. She won't be on this next year, anyway, so it is what it is.

I need to listen to more of The Specials. Nice to see them on this.

The Beach Boys' highs are incredibly high, and their lows are usually kitschy Mike Love bullshit. They deserve to be on this, higher than #89 but even making it is a victory for them.

I'm more offended by Evanescence being in this than anything else. That's terrible. "Call Me Maybe" is a fun, catchy song. Evanescence just suck.

Lady Gaga has recorded a couple of fun pop songs, and I appreciate her intent. I'm glad that the dominant pop singer role right now is being occupied by someone who gives a fuck about stuff like LGBT rights and views Yoko Ono as a spiritual mentor and shit. That's pretty rad.

On his radio show recently, Comedian Frank Skinner did a very amusing mini-piece on Mike Love and tried to work out what his autobiography should be called.

Anyway I love good Beach Boys and walked back up the aisle at my wedding to "Wouldn't It Be Nice" so 'nuff love.

The Specials are my first band that I voted for on this list and hopefully not the last. They're brilliant and for them to be there with GaGa and that other young lady shows the amusing nature of these lists.

Also, maybe I should have voted for Zeppelin. They belong on any top hundred band list.

Hey EWB, I've got some news for you. Alot of people like Evanescence. Accept it and move on if you don't. :P

• Like 2

Fuck, after looking at it, I just realized I totally didn't include Halestorm on my list.