EWB's Top 100 Artists of 2012

gunnar hendershow

Owl City is unpleasantly sweet and annoying. I don't care at all about Eminem. I liked System Of A Down a lot a long time ago, I am sure it is a band I would still enjoy but I have so much else to listen to now. I have never heard a single The Kinks track but that is probably because I am not British or again, I have so much else to listen to. I get the idea that is one of those bands that you HAVE to listen to, at some point, though. Never heard of A Day To Remember but they are probably bad. They look like a bad band. :shifty: At first glance I thought it was Today Is the Day, though, which are a good band. But sadly, that was not a thing.

So... yeah.

Owl City. Yuck. Unbearably saccharine.

Eminent is really just for chavs and 12 year olds, isn't he? I guess he has the odd good song here and there, but the production of his albums are appalling. So dirgelike. Don't listen to Eminem you chaps, listen to Lloyd Cole instead!

The Kinks are really good, and Ray Davies was a special songwriter, and lyrically they are lovely and wistful. I only wish they had some more good songs! As much as I love them, I am forced to admit that no album of theirs is without its fair share of clunkers. Still, they were always able to release brilliant singles, and that is most important. A special group.

I like System Of A Down's first album. Sugar is a cool tune. Dunno much else.

I've never really listened to ADTR. I always assume they would be a bit rubbish. I am, rightly or wrongly, very prejudiced against that style of music. Still, they did a cool cover of Since U Been Gone.

Owl City - Garbage.

Eminem - A couple of decent songs.

SOAD - Ditto.

The Kinks - I probably know a few of their songs, but can't think of anything associated with them right now.

ADTR - Likely this high due to my vote.

EDIT - Yay for Rich liking ADTR.

I own an Owl City album. It's alright. I'll admit that I enjoy Eminem, depending upon the song. SOAD is cool. Kinks are just classic. Never heard or heard of a Day To Remember until this list, so no judgment for that.

I've only heard that one Owl City song - "Fireflies" - it was decent, no real desire to seek out anything more by them though. Eminem's alright, it's a cliche but his older stuff is a lot better than the newer stuff. SOAD I like, I have a few albums. They remind me a bit of being a teenager. The Kinks are good.

A Day To Remember I've never heard of, but they're apparently a metalcore band (or so Wikipedia would like me to believe, as well as being emo, post-hardcore, and 67 other genres). Doesn't sound like something I'd like at all.