The Star Wars Thread

Katsuya

I enjoyed the show well enough so far.

Spoiler

The Tusken Raider part of the story dragged on a bit too long for me. I'm happy that it is done with and we're dealing with Boba going to war with the Pykes in the present and ousting Bib Fortuna in the past. 

I don't mind the Space Vespa Gang themselves, but I'm also not a big fan of the space Vespas. 

For the Book of Boba Fett episode 5...

Spoiler

That sure was a good episode of the Mandalorian.

I mean, I love Mando, but I don't think I've ever seen an episode of a spin-off series where the titular character isn't featured at all. It would be like an entire episode of Frasier following Cliff doing his mail route in Boston, or Woody going on a bartending course.

• Like 1

Episode 5 was the show's best episode by every measurable distance.

Spoiler

Hilariously it had no Boba Fett and was just a Mando episode. I remember when this got announced, and in the way it was announced, people mentioned it was possibly a Mando season 2.5. They took a ton of time explaining how Boba Fett got to where he is now in the first 4 episodes. But now that we've got the real main character in tow it's time to wrap things up and move on to Mandalorian season 3.

• Like 1

Spoiler

They made Mando infinitely cooler than Boba Fett which would be impressive if Disney didn’t have an amazing track record of fucking up Star Wars.

Don’t get me wrong, I love The Mandalorian, but he gets to do all the cool badass Bounty Hunter stuff that Boba Fett should be doing.  Instead we get the galaxy’s most feared bounty hunter becoming a “crime lord”with a heart of gold.

I really hope they don’t shy away from the morally gray when it comes to the Andor series, but I bet they will. 

• Like 2

Spoiler

Watching as this played out, I was thinking that maybe the big bad would end up being Maul. 

Then I remembered he died. For good. :( 

Still, good pacing with this episode. I felt like they were teasing us with the Jedi Temple, I honestly was expecting Vader to make an appearance in the flashback and give Luke a spook. 

Spoiler

It just that with the way they build up the reveal of his face it felt like they expected me to know who he is and be excited about seeing him when he finally lifts his head. That annoyed me. I don't have the slightest idea who he is supposed to be. For now he is just some dude working for the cartel who is a pretty good shot. 

Edited by Hellraiser

Ref the above posts

Spoiler

I've not watch Rebels or Clone Wars either, and I do feel like I'm missing out on how big these character arrivals are because I have little-to-no idea who they are.

Thankfully anyone who directs or writes a Mando/Boba episode manages to knock it out the park.

It's crazy that Boba has appeared in about three minutes of the last two episodes of his own show.