The Star Wars Thread

Katsuya

Spoiler

Given everything that was set up between Din and Bo-Katan as well as the fact Gideon appears to have been left alive, there's a lot to still cover for Din. Even though Grogu was safely taken by Luke to whatever Jedi Academy he's founding we know that the Academy was not always safe. But maybe they cover Boba in season 3 and put more time between the end of this part of Din's story and the start of the next.

One of the Mandalorian EPs said on Twitter

Spoiler

that season 3 and the Boba Fett show are separate entities. 

On 18/12/2020 at 19:06, Adam said:

A good episode to end what I thought was a strong second series.

Heavy spoilers:

Hide contents

Luke's walk-on was incredible, just slicing through Darktroopers like nobody's business. I honestly could have done without R2 like, and the CGI de-aging is still junky and weird but if he's only going to be a cameo here then I totally understand not recasting a younger actor in the role. The story was great and that was probably the best way to do it, even if I did find it odd.

So many questions going forward for the show - what on earth will Mando/Din do now? I'd like it to move away from the Jedi/Skywalker saga stuff to be honest but we shall see.

I'm not sure I'm too fussed about a Boba Fett show really but I expect a great many Star Wars fans will be, so it's cool that they held back announcing that show until now. Will it debut straight after Mandalorian Season 3?

Umm...

Spoiler

I'm among those who think Boba Fett is the most overrated SW character of all-time. 

For Luke, from what I understand they CGI'd young Luke's face on another actor's body and had Mark Hamill do the voice rather that CGI de-aging.

Well I am among those who consider you the lowest rated poster of all time, but thanks for sharing your opinion.

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

Regarding Boba:

Spoiler

To be fair, if we judge him only by what we see of him in the OT, then he is pretty lame. He looks cool but he doesn't accomplish much and then gets eaten by a Sarlacc. As far as the movies goe, it is Jango who does all the cool fighting in the prequels.  

So I just finished watching both seasons of The Mandalorian and, I gotta say, as someone who isn't a huge Star Wars fan, I really enjoyed it.  I know there is going to be a S3, but I feel like if there wasn't, it'd be fine.  It told a perfect story over 2 seasons and could end right there.  I do wonder how much Pedro Pascal was actually in the suit.  I did read he mostly just did VO work for S2, probably because he was filming WW84

• Like 1

Which was fucking stupid because when you think Donald Trump you think a short, handsome looking charismatic Latin man.

2 hours ago, SeanDMan said:

Which was fucking stupid because when you think Donald Trump you think a short, handsome looking charismatic Latin man.

I mean he's 5'11...wouldn't really say thats short

• 4 weeks later...

"Jews were beaten in the streets, not by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbors…even by children. Because history is edited, most people today don’t realize that to get to the point where Nazi soldiers could easily round up thousands of Jews, the government first made their own neighbors hate them simply for being Jews. How is that any different from hating someone for their political views"

Yikes.

Good riddance. Over the last few months she has repeatedly shown herself to be an abhorrent person. Anti-semitic, anti-trans, maga-touting dipshit.

Pedro Pascal's sister Lux came out publicly as trans yesterday (with her family's full support) so, although Carano's hateful words have not had anything to do with them, it still strikes me as a positive move as far as the star of the Mandalorian goes as well.

• Like 5