The Star Wars Thread

Katsuya

Two Mandalorian spinoffs including (as expected) an Ashoka series starting Rosario Dawson.

It's a lot and it's clearly designed to target all different demographics instead of people who have to watch everything. But uhhh, I'm sure a lot of people are going to burn themselves out trying to watch it all.

• Like 3

Here's what they announced for those interested

- Rogue Squadron - Patty Jenkins directs a fighter pilot-focused film in the Star Wars universe

- Taika Waititi's expected Star Wars film

- Kenobi series headed up by Debbie Chow and starring prequel trilogy actors Ewan MacGregor and Hayden Christensen

- Ahsoka limited series starring Rosario Dawson and made by Filoni & Favreau from The Mandalorian

- Lando series starring Donald Glover

- Andor series starring Diego Luna plus Stellen Skarsgard and Adria Arjona

- The Acolyte, a mystery thriller headed up by Leslye Headland who created Russian Doll

- The Bad Batch, animated spin off of Clone Wars

- Visions, a series of animated short films

- A Droid Story

5 hours ago, damshow said:

Rangers of the New Republic as well. The other show set in the "Mandoverse".

I know nothing about Star Wars basically, but is this part of the group that Sasha Banks played a character for? I thought my co-worker said she’s a ranger or some shit.

10 hours ago, damshow said:

Two Mandalorian spinoffs including (as expected) an Ashoka series starting Rosario Dawson.

It's a lot and it's clearly designed to target all different demographics instead of people who have to watch everything. But uhhh, I'm sure a lot of people are going to burn themselves out trying to watch it all.

Yo.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tristy said:

I know nothing about Star Wars basically, but is this part of the group that Sasha Banks played a character for? I thought my co-worker said she’s a ranger or some shit.

I thought that initially but apparently it's about space cops.

Sasha's group fits more into maybe The Mandalorian show itself? Not sure.

3 hours ago, damshow said:

I thought that initially but apparently it's about space cops.

Sasha's group fits more into maybe The Mandalorian show itself? Not sure.

There's been speculation for awhile that Gina Carano's character was getting her own spinoff so I wouldn't be surprised if it's related to that. 

Unless Disney deals with a backlash of people blanket not buying Disney+ they might not do anything. It's clear these are algorithmically generated show ideas to check every possible demographic box. Having a far-right anti-vaxxer starring on a show is certainly a demographic box. Maybe they can get Ronda too. Put all the bad things in one place.