The Star Wars Thread

Katsuya

For proof that Hayden Christensen isn't as bad as the prequels would have led us to believe, you can watch The Vanishing on 7th Street and if my memory isn't completely fucked, he was also in Awake, which is horrifyingly about being aware and conscious, but paralyzed, while under during surgery.

Personally I think this is way too much Star Wars. I get it though, this is Disney, obviously they don't have the content backlog of an Amazon or a Netflix so they have to scramble to make new stuff, but too much of a good thing is not a good thing.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 11/12/2020 at 14:00, Gabriel said:

For proof that Hayden Christensen isn't as bad as the prequels would have led us to believe, you can watch The Vanishing on 7th Street and if my memory isn't completely fucked, he was also in Awake, which is horrifyingly about being aware and conscious, but paralyzed, while under during surgery.

To this day I'll stand by that when it comes to facial expressions and showing emotion he was excellent in Revenge of the Sith. 

• Like 1

Spoiler

"Ah, it's Ahsoka Tano."

"Hang on... that skin wasn't orange."

"Hang on... that right hand is black."

"But they wouldn't..."

And then I squealed. Loudly. To the extent I had to bite my fist to stop.

And R2 for good measure!

And then the Boba spin-off confirmation!

Mando finale ^^

• Like 2

A good episode to end what I thought was a strong second series.

Heavy spoilers:

Spoiler

Luke's walk-on was incredible, just slicing through Darktroopers like nobody's business. I honestly could have done without R2 like, and the CGI de-aging is still junky and weird but if he's only going to be a cameo here then I totally understand not recasting a younger actor in the role. The story was great and that was probably the best way to do it, even if I did find it odd.

So many questions going forward for the show - what on earth will Mando/Din do now? I'd like it to move away from the Jedi/Skywalker saga stuff to be honest but we shall see.

I'm not sure I'm too fussed about a Boba Fett show really but I expect a great many Star Wars fans will be, so it's cool that they held back announcing that show until now. Will it debut straight after Mandalorian Season 3?

• Like 2

Well that was some really, really good shit. Last 3 episodes of this season were absolutely top notch.

Spoiler

I sorta spoiled myself on Luke long before the season started airing since I saw some mention of Hammil having signed on to the show, but unclear it was this season. Then the X-Wing showed up and I was like "oh shit".

Them holding off to announce The Book of Boba Fett until now was interesting. I guess we don't have any more details on it, whether it's a full spinoff show, a limited series, or what.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, damshow said:

Well that was some really, really good shit. Last 3 episodes of this season were absolutely top notch.

Hide contents

I sorta spoiled myself on Luke long before the season started airing since I saw some mention of Hammil having signed on to the show, but unclear it was this season. Then the X-Wing showed up and I was like "oh shit".

Them holding off to announce The Book of Boba Fett until now was interesting. I guess we don't have any more details on it, whether it's a full spinoff show, a limited series, or what.

Spoiler

I may be well off here but I took it as book 1 of The Child is over or even perhaps the book of Din Djarin now we are into book 2 Boba Fett.

17 hours ago, Jerichristmas said:

Given how completely non-plussed I was by the new trilogy (8 and 9 in particular) I'm always impressed with how consistently good The Mandalorian is. That finale was brilliant.

The huge difference that is made by singular vision.

• Like 2

Spoiler

I knew what was happening as soon as I saw that it was only one X-Wing but I still enjoyed it because I managed to avoid spoilers. I'm interested if The Book of Boba Fett is actually The Mandalorian season 3 and we are shifting away from Din Djarin for now. Either way I can't wait to see what they bring us next year because this has been fantastic.

I wouldn't mind if we took a few years off from Din. Have a year of Book Of Bob then maybe do a year of Tae Bo Katan. Then have Din show up in Bo Katan's book and we get more Din Djarin the year after that.