The New Kit Thread

I'm liking Russia home and Holland away, although getting either of them would mean I'd have 2 Russia homes or 2 Holland aways (I've got that ace diagonal stripe one) which would be just odd.

Arsenals looks scarily like a Boro shirt, and Boro's looks scarily like a complete crock of shit.

Petr Cech looks a complete tool in his hi vis vest and hard hat combo, they should get an orange swimhat to go over his helmet. Undecided on the home kit, I do like the collar but something doesn't look quite right.

Just waiting on an outlandish Newcastle away now, that'll probably be my next purchase, although I forgoed last seasons for the snazzy Argie style third shirt. Might even be a third shirt again for the one round of the Carling Cup we're involved in, probably at home...

On the topic of last years kits Kitbag are selling of plenty of last season's stuff for under £15

I'm so tempted to get the bright yellow Chelsea away shirt for £10, but then i'd look like a tool for wearing a Chelsea shirt being rom the north >_<

Speaking of which how many of you have bought kits for teams you don't support based on look and/or price? I got the old gold Everton away shirt for under £5 when they were being sold off cheaply for a training shirt

I have USA's awesome home shirt, the one with the two vertical stripes on the left side. I have a fake Portugal shirt (with 'PORTUGAL' written across the front >_>) from my holiday there several years ago, a Real Madrid shirt from a while back and I think that's about it from my non-Spurs or England collection.

I've bought loads in terms of national teams and foreign clubs just on grounds they look nice and to have a bit of a selection to play in. Holland Away, Russia Home (that was cheap to be fair), an old Spain Home, Milan Home (Maldini on back), last years Inter Away, and Kaizer Chiefs home from a few years ago, fair few others too. I just can't bring myself to wear another English clubs shirt though, it just doesn't feel right. One of my mates bought the Arsenal home one the year before the centenary one just because it looked good, but no, I just can't.

I do have some Chelsea socks I picked up for £2 on Subside mind, £2 for quality Umbro ones or £4 for those jizz ones in Sports Soccer, I was willing to drop my high moral standards. They looked like quite plain white ones with a blue Umbro badge on the front, but if you pull them up they have Chelsea in huge writing up the back of the calf as part of the design. Poo.

Edit: Few Barcas as well (quick google tells me 98 and 06, I knew the 06 though!) and a Deportivo one from when my dad worked out there.

Edited by Colly

Speaking of which how many of you have bought kits for teams you don't support based on look and/or price? I got the old gold Everton away shirt for under £5 when they were being sold off cheaply for a training shirt

I have way too many.

Spain's last away shirt and Argentina's last home one. Barca and Real's home and away shirts from last season. I also have Barca's away shirt (lumo one) from the year before, and all 3 of Real Madrid's, as well as Valencia's away shirt from that season.

Then there's Juventus and Milan home shirts from about 3 years ago, and a Celtic one from around about that time.

And I support United, but I must have about 20 United shirts ranging from the actual home/away/3rd kits to training tops.

As I say, I have way too many. >_>

That's just reminded me of the Man Utd shirts I used to own back when I was a fan, they used to have some awesome away shirt designs around 2000ish as I remember picking up both the black Sharp one and the blue vodafone one.

Which reminds me, I'd still wear that blue vodafone one now if it was big enough. >_>

That's just reminded me of the Man Utd shirts I used to own back when I was a fan, they used to have some awesome away shirt designs around 2000ish as I remember picking up both the black Sharp one and the blue vodafone one.

Which reminds me, I'd still wear that blue vodafone one now if it was big enough. >_>

Would that be the one with the silver vodafone writing?

I think since the 1999 season, the only 2 outfield shirts of United's I haven't owned are that one, and the CL winning shirt.

None. As far as I'm concerned wearing a strip that isn't Sunderland or England is a cardinal sin for me.

No matter how much I like Spurs, Everton, Villa, Pompey, Russia, Belarus - whatever. I'd never wear a shirt that isn't one of my own teams.

As far as I'm concerned about the Wigan badge, it's okay - but I prefer badges that are like a proper crest, with the animals or like the 'ribbon' bits. It's why I enjoy the Sunderland badge. Stuff like Everton's badge and Birmingham's. So why I don't dislike the new Wigan badge, I thought their old one was better.

None. As far as I'm concerned wearing a strip that isn't Sunderland or England is a cardinal sin for me.

No matter how much I like Spurs, Everton, Villa, Pompey, Russia, Belarus - whatever. I'd never wear a shirt that isn't one of my own teams.

As far as I'm concerned about the Wigan badge, it's okay - but I prefer badges that are like a proper crest, with the animals or like the 'ribbon' bits. It's why I enjoy the Sunderland badge. Stuff like Everton's badge and Birmingham's. So why I don't dislike the new Wigan badge, I thought their old one was better.

So you like the Newcastle logo then? :pervert: Yeah, I got you there.

I hated Wigan's logo, I've been saying they need a new one since they were promoted. It makes them looks like a Conference team, it was just the town crest was it not?

But that the best they could come up with? Fucking sigh.

And I'm also in the same boat as Ace, wearing a top that isn't Rangers or Scotland is a foreign concept to me. I hate walking around town and seeing some prick with a gay haircut and Barcelona top. You're about as Spanish as Mitsubishi!

Hmm, Apart from Spurs shirts (I've gotten three of the last five I think) I've bought a couple of Japanese home shirts (the best one if the '06 World Cup shirt which has Nakata on the back which I wore when watching his last appearance for Japan). I think I was the only person walking around Birmingham during that world cup in a Japan shirt.

My old man went to Mexico ten years ago and got me a Leon shirt. That's pretty cool, the sponsor is Coca Cola and it has an advert across the back of the shoulders for Sol Beer. Brilliant.

Other than that I don't buy shirts from teams I don't support - jsut can't wear 'em. Years ago I once ended up with a hand down from one of my cousins - the green and yellow halved Man Utd shirt....Wore it, in my back garden playing football, about three times....Felt dirty.

This season I'll end up getting the Spurs shirt (more important to have the shirt when living abroad I think), a Nagoya Grampus Eight shirt (gotta support the home team) and probably that Japanese shirt too. I'm also on the look out for an Iceland shirt.

I do love that Dutch away shirt though. How's the Swedish shirt looking? I like to support Sweden when England aren't around. Any country that birthed Olof Mellberg is fine by me.

I'm more likely to get another cycling jersey though. I've got a Polka Dot mountains jersey from the Tour of Britain a number of years back and a Yellow Jersey from last year's Tour de France. Need a couple of team jerseys (I plan to be cycling a lot later this year) but they're REALLY expensive.

• Admin

- Had loads of Spurs kits.

- Couple of Man Utd kits from relatives up there. Idiots.

- Free West Ham shirt given to me when Peter Storrie moved in next door.

- AC Milan/Barcelona/Real Madrid shirts from when I visited the area.

- A few England kits.

- Czech Republic fake kit. No idea why.

Really dislike this years' Spurs kit so I will probably get the Watford one.

EDIT: Also, I have a habit of buying the local jersey of the NFL team whenever I visit their state. I know I have the Chargers, the Jets, San Francisco, Dolphins, and a few others.

Edited by Jez

I have...

-Pretty much every Man Utd shirt from the last four years (Home and away... I get one with a name on the back, and then one without. I have a blue Vodafone one with Evra, and last season's home with Richardson <_<)

-Djurgarden (Stockholm)

-Leeds, bright yellow from when they were in the premiership

-Iran

-U.A.E.

-The two main Dubai clubs. I can't spell their names.

-Bright yellow Dortmund kit from 2001 I think...

-Latvia

-Republic of Ireland

-Away France from 2002

-Away Holland from 2002

-Valencia from 2003

And I really want a Sunderland one, as well as the new Man Utd one...

I have nothing against the Newcastle logo.

I dislike their team, but admit they have some good players. I dislike their fans, but admit they have some great ones.

Their logo is a logo, nothing else :)

Those shirts don't look too bad, they're not outlandishly appalling colours and the home shirt is ace. Looks like the away shirt has been only done to match but doesn't look completely awful though.

I'd actually place the home kit above the Tottenham shirts this year, but all Tottenham kits over the away shirt >_>

I have...

-Pretty much every Man Utd shirt from the last four years (Home and away... I get one with a name on the back, and then one without. I have a blue Vodafone one with Evra, and last season's home with Richardson <_< )

Now that you mention blue vodafone with Evra on it, I actually have that shirt. It might be the one somebody else was on about. I thought he meant the one with the vodafone writing in silver, but I take it you're talking about the one that had red on it?

manutd-cristiano-ronaldo.jpg

Have that one, don't have the other one though. Btw, when you say new Man Utd top, has there been a new shirt confirmed, or just that picture of the supposed away shirt being sold on a street somewhere?