The New Kit Thread

Speaking of which how many of you have bought kits for teams you don't support based on look and/or price?

Aside from England and Bristol Rovers, I've had a Liverpool and Barca shirt on two seperate occasions. Them, alongside Toulouse, Werder Bremen and possibly one American MLS team, will be the only ones I wear aside from my beloved blue and white.

I have...

-Pretty much every Man Utd shirt from the last four years (Home and away... I get one with a name on the back, and then one without. I have a blue Vodafone one with Evra, and last season's home with Richardson <_<)

-Djurgarden (Stockholm)

-Leeds, bright yellow from when they were in the premiership

-Iran

-U.A.E.

-The two main Dubai clubs. I can't spell their names.

-Bright yellow Dortmund kit from 2001 I think...

-Latvia

-Republic of Ireland

-Away France from 2002

-Away Holland from 2002

-Valencia from 2003

And I really want a Sunderland one, as well as the new Man Utd one...

How did you get shirts like the Latvia one and the UAE :w00t:

Speaking of which how many of you have bought kits for teams you don't support based on look and/or price?

Aside from England and Bristol Rovers, I've had a Liverpool and Barca shirt on two seperate occasions. Them, alongside Toulouse, Werder Bremen and possibly one American MLS team, will be the only ones I wear aside from my beloved blue and white.

And now my LA Galaxy away shirt from last season (with Beckham 23 on the back) comes to mind as well. :pervert:

I've got a Newcastle, England, Greece, AS Roma, and Italy top (all purchased in the countries themselves). I don't see much wrong in having various tops. Now I will never own a baseball hat besides Baltimore Orioles are NFL jersey besides Baltimore Ravens. So I can see where a lot of you are coming from in only wearing "Rangers and Scotland". Me? I'm a silly Yankee tourist.

Edited by damshow

Personally, I see no problems in wearing other teams' tops as long as they're not in the same league as the team you support. I've got a fair few Liverpool tops, a couple of Bristol City ones, an old Ajax top, a Spain top from when I was like five, a Real Madrid top and an England top as well. I'm not really a football shirt kind of guy when it comes to wearing them (barring Liverpool and England, maybe City soon but I can't bring myself to wear their top at the moment because I don't take enough of an interest in them) but if you're a big football fan I don't see the harm in collecting them.

Werder Bremen just put up their new Clothing for the Next Season at midnight.

baumannstallbaumneuII575.jpg

Home

heimtrikotneu575.jpg

1. Home 2. Event

baumannheimneu249.jpgstallbaumeventneu249.jpg

1. Event 2. Away (it´s the old home Kit)

eventneukomplett249.jpgauswaerts249.jpg

Goaly

torwartneuII249.jpg

I like it, the bar just looks a bit like someone pulled up his pants to much and fixed it with a belt but i guss that will grow on me. Superman Style. ^^

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

I like the Werder Bremen kits, especially the 'event' one. Is that a 3rd/alternate kit or something?

Does anyone know where I can get some name printing on some of the lesser-known shirts? I'm mainly looking for somewhere that does the USA shirt printing. Kitbag and Subside Sports had the old home one with some player prints like Donovan and Quaranta but I haven't seen anywhere that does it for the new kits.

Frank Baumann's still there? He must be getting on a bit.

Yeah, he actualy is the last player on the team from the Dubbel Season 2004 (leauge and cup winner)

I like the Werder Bremen kits, especially the 'event' one. Is that a 3rd/alternate kit or something?

It´s different, sometimes they use it becaus the oponent has colors that only alow it, sometimes they use it becaus it´s a special ocasion.... sometimes they use the event one more than the away one.... no one knows. ;-)

Portsmouth have finally released their entire kit for next season

portsmouth_08-09_canterbury-home-kit.jpg

The overall design isn't bad and the colour scheme works a lot better than it should.

Sunderland have released their goalkeeper shirt

sunderland_goalkeeper_kit_08-09_umbro.jpg

Easily the best sunderland shirt this year >_>

And i'm willing to boycott my origonal plan to get an LA Galaxy shirt after seeing Seattles new kit

seattle_sounders_microsoft_xbox_360.jpg

Green with blue trim that isn't sickly? manufactured by adidas? and sponsered by Xbox? perfect!

RANDOM EURO CUP 2008 KIT EDITION:

turkey-away-07-09.jpg

Turkey Away -- Has already been posted, but this is a better picture and I like it.

austria-home-shirt-08-09.jpg

Austria home

austria-away-07-09.jpg

Austria away -- Damn, Austria has pretty bad ass shirts. Shame they'll be out before you can say Vennegoor of Hesselink.

czech-republic-home-06-08.jpg

Czech Republic home -- Those cheap Easterners haven't changed their shirt from the World Cup

czech-republic-away-07-09.jpg

Czech away -- Poland away anyone?

italy-away-07-09.jpg

Italy away -- Italy continue to show their love for really tight and rather gay shirts

poland-away-07-09.jpg

Poland home -- I think it'll look cool on TV, but up close it looks slapped together by some amateur.

portugal-away-07-09.jpg

Portugal away -- Since when is Algeria in the Euro Cup?

sweden-home-07-08.jpg

Sweden home -- Well, here is EWB's bandwagon country. Meh shirt.

switzerland-away-07-09.jpg

Switzerland away -- Once again, Poland anyone...

prd_maxzoom_kb-37186.jpg

Greece home -- Okayish.

prd_maxzoom_kb-40354.jpg

Greece away -- You'd think this is their home shirt.

I prefer Sweden's away shirt to their home shirt at the moment. Portugal should really have stuck with the black away shirt, that was so much cooler. Speaking of black away shirts, Austria's rocks. Czech Republic's kits are boring and as usual I really like the Italian kits.