The New Kit Thread

And Wigan's, surely? And Rangers? (¬_¬)

No seriously, Rangers and JJB signed at the start of last season to sell their kits exclusively (excluding the Rangers shops).

Oh wait, you're from Armagh, of course they'll sell Rangers strips. :blush:

Edited by The Kraig

They sell Celtic and Rangers tops alright, always have.

Anyway, more information on how fucked up JJB's is.

I went in 2 months ago, woman says "Yes, we'll have it in, sure we have the Spurs top in."

I phone over to order it "I'm not sure."

Phoned over again "No, only big teams."

Ok, I'll phone again to see if the mess has cleared up any "Erm..I dunno..*asks someone else*, yes we'll get only a few in...oh but you'll have to order online even."

Yeah, I'm still confused.

They sell Celtic and Rangers tops alright, always have.

Anyway, more information on how fucked up JJB's is.

I went in 2 months ago, woman says "Yes, we'll have it in, sure we have the Spurs top in."

I phone over to order it "I'm not sure."

Phoned over again "No, only big teams."

Ok, I'll phone again to see if the mess has cleared up any "Erm..I dunno..*asks someone else*, yes we'll get only a few in...oh but you'll have to order online even."

Yeah, I'm still confused.

Got my Villa top sorted. Lifestyle Sports are getting it in. Luke Moore on the back. Yes.

Bring on the Kop!!

A video for Summers, a year tomorrow. Doesn't seem like it.

Edited by Lost Soul

• 4 weeks later...

Well I'd consoled myself with the possible waste of forty-odd quid on my Number 10 Owen Newcastle home shirt this year with the thought maybe I could get an away one with Taylor or someone equally likely to stay on the back. Then they release that! I could almost handle it as a training top but thats just ugly. At least the team get to wear the home one most games, poor Shays got two awful ones this year.

Fingers crossed for an unnecessary third one...

• 8 months later...

After seeing the new Spurs kits in the official thread, I decided to make this so that whenever anyone finds pictures of the new kits for their teams they can post them here.

Also, if anyone has any from abroad, they're welcome too. I'll buy anything that looks nice. :shifty:

Oh yeah, and the "official" kits are preferred, not just rumoured kits that Sanjeev made and put up on a forum.

That's nice, just as long as 90% of the other teams with Adidas don't follow suit, and make practically the same shirt.

I know the brands tend to make similar kits in one season, but Adidas sometimes go OTT. For the World Cup I think it was Spain, Argentina and then Liverpool last season who all had pretty much the same shirt, number/lettering style and all.

Hmm Liverpools new shirt seems a little similar too

prd_maxzoom_kb-43720.jpg

Stripes go only so far down the shoulders.

EDIT: Looks like it's going to be the new standard as far as Adidas is going, just look at the new Schalke 04 kit

schalke_04-adidas-08-09-home-kit.jpg

On second thoughts that would be an awesome Chelsea shirt, the new one is far too light blue

I was about to mention that I fear for Newcastle's new shirt before realising we're keeping the same home kit.

Edited by The General

I like Liverpool's new shirt, it's like a really intense red which I've always been a fan of more than the glossy shit they were putting out in the early 2000s. I'll probably be getting this one, I never had the money to get the last one but hopefully I can manage the new one.

Might as well put a couple of pictures of the new Spurs kits in here since this is the 'official' thread I guess. We're wearing the new home kit against Liverpool on Sunday.

7756-5.jpg

7771-6.jpg

Light blue will be the away, black & gold the third.

Edited by AD