The New Kit Thread

I like it, but I wish they would've done something different with the northern rock logo apart from just sticking it in a white box.

From that picture it actually looks like it's a gradient, going from white to the kit colour, left to right. May just be the angle, though. I like it but perhaps the sleeve stripes and Adidas logo would have looked better in black.

It is a gradient. I think I'm going to have one simply based on the shoddiness of the purple away shirt, but it has got a 'last years training top' vibe to it. Or I could just bugger it and get the Zanzibar kit.

• 7 months later...

Is there only so many crosses and stripes you can add to a white shirt and keep calling it new, thus requiring a reset to a plain white every so often?

If this is legit, I'm really in two minds about it.

On one hand I'm totally digging the retro feel to it (like the shirt Man Utd wore in one game last season in memory of the Busby babes, that was awesome) and yet on the other I'm going to be very reluctant to shell out £40 for one.

I only just got the latest red away one a few months ago and that was because it was only a tenner.

Why England haven't had something like this: http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/new-...-shirt-0708_175 for their kit yet is baffling.

Goalie kit's pretty good but not a fan of the team kit. I know they were going for this whole retro mixed with Saville Row tailors style but the red Umbro is wrong, the badge seems too high, the cut makes John Terry look fat and as I generally hate collars on shirts anyway this one is just nasty.

I've heard it's gonna be more expensive than 40 quid as well....

EDIT: Even Japan admitted defeat with regards to using Mizuno to make their football kits. Mizuno are a Japanese brand but the FA decided to go with Adidas instead because Adidas actually know how to make a decent football shirt.

It wouldn't be total blasphemy to not use Umbro for once surely!

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

Jesus Christ, absolutely every link in here is dead.

Does anyone know why the latest England kits just suddenly plummeted in value? I mean it seemed like the away kit was £40 one week and £10 the next, and I'm sure it was released AFTER they got kicked out of the Euro Qualifications.

I mean it was an alright kit (albeit worse than the one before that everyone and their mother currently owns)