The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

Man Utd are helping Hull gain some momentum so they can win the FA Cup.

I'm in favour of bigger teams having a B team playing in the professional ranks, it appears to work well on the continent. There are a lot of things to iron out though.

Do you think the FA could look at a PL team propping up a financially struggling league two or conference team and having their players play there instead of creating new teams and forcing more teams into the existing structure?

I think, if they could find a fair way of having "feeder teams" then that would work far better than this "B teams in League Two" idea. However, I'm not sure it would work, and would be unfair if, say, Man Utd used Bury as a feeder team to put a dozen of their youngsters in. It would lessen the amount of players playing further down the pyramid at a professional level. I think all in all this is a stupid idea, one which would fuck over smaller teams and it disappoints me that it comes under the leadership of Greg Dyke, someone who has years of experience as chairman of a club in League One and League Two in Brentford F.C.

It isn't an idea that practically could work without upsetting a lot of people and I'm not even sure how much of a difference it would make to the national team's fortunes.

I like the idea of B teams, there I said it, English Football needs to take it's head out of the sand and not longer think everything we do is right, we should be doing things like this to ensure that the lower down teams get a kick up the arse and start coaching and running their football clubs right.

Sorry? Are England shit then because "lower down teams" don't run their clubs properly? Unfounded rubbish if you ask me. How many clubs in the lower leagues are even run badly in comparison to top flight clubs? Teams like Fulham and Cardiff, or even up to supposed huge clubs such as Newcastle are run in pretty poor fashion in many respects.

• Like 3

I'm in favour of bigger teams having a B team playing in the professional ranks, it appears to work well on the continent. There are a lot of things to iron out though.

Do you think the FA could look at a PL team propping up a financially struggling league two or conference team and having their players play there instead of creating new teams and forcing more teams into the existing structure?

I think, if they could find a fair way of having "feeder teams" then that would work far better than this "B teams in League Two" idea. However, I'm not sure it would work, and would be unfair if, say, Man Utd used Bury as a feeder team to put a dozen of their youngsters in. It would lessen the amount of players playing further down the pyramid at a professional level. I think all in all this is a stupid idea, one which would fuck over smaller teams and it disappoints me that it comes under the leadership of Greg Dyke, someone who has years of experience as chairman of a club in League One and League Two in Brentford F.C.

It isn't an idea that practically could work without upsetting a lot of people and I'm not even sure how much of a difference it would make to the national team's fortunes.

I like the idea of B teams, there I said it, English Football needs to take it's head out of the sand and not longer think everything we do is right, we should be doing things like this to ensure that the lower down teams get a kick up the arse and start coaching and running their football clubs right.

Sorry? Are England shit then because "lower down teams" don't run their clubs properly? Unfounded rubbish if you ask me. How many clubs in the lower leagues are even run badly in comparison to top flight clubs? Teams like Fulham and Cardiff, or even up to supposed huge clubs such as Newcastle are run in pretty poor fashion in many respects.

I don't know enough about the running of clubs, but coaching standards aren't good enough in England. I'm not sure sure if this idea would help, but yeah, England are poor because of the coaching standards in this country. That's clear from the amount of successful English coaches we have at the moment.

I don't know enough about the running of clubs, but coaching standards aren't good enough in England. I'm not sure sure if this idea would help, but yeah, England are poor because of the coaching standards in this country. That's clear from the amount of successful English coaches we have at the moment.

Probably not, but how will putting Chelsea's reserves against Northampton improve the level of coaching in this country? Plus, it isn't all down to lower level clubs not having good enough coaching standards. The opportunities just aren't there, with a lot of top clubs turning to foreign coaches to take managerial positions that could perhaps go to British talent. Brendan Rodgers had to manage three Championship clubs before being noticed by a big team, and even then only after he had taken one into the Premier League. I think there is more to it than some are making out and I also struggle to see how adopting this idea will make a significant enough impact on improving standards of English coaching and national team fortunes.