The Sky Bet Football League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

The Postal order is the cheapest, scummist Wetherspoons of them all. No wonder they went there. >_>

Clearly you haven't been to The Rochester Castle in Stoke Newington. That place is a dump even by Hackney's lofty standards.

I think today's game had my favourite ever back and forth chanting sequence:

We are the champions, champions of Europe.

You're not famous anymore

Who the fucking hell are you

We're fa cup champions, we know who we are

We don't give a fuck, we're Leeds United, we don't give a fuck.

Also I love Ross McCormack <3

Eieieio up the football league we go, when we win promotion this is what we'll sing, we are the champions, we are the champions, Brian is our king!

Uwe Rosler is the new Wigan manager.

Wigan Athletic are delighted to announce Uwe Rösler as the club’s new manager.

A compensation fee has been agreed with Brentford Football Club and Rösler will watch today’s match with Millwall from the stands, leaving Graham Barrow to take charge of the team.

He starts work from tomorrow and will be unveiled officially on Monday.

The 45 year-old former East Germany international striker scored 50 goals in 152 league games at Manchester City in the mid-1990s, the highlight of a 16 year playing career which took in 13 clubs in total in pre and post-unification Germany, as well as Southampton and West Bromwich Albion, before finishing off in Norway, where he also started his managerial career.

He spent six seasons at leading Norwegian clubs Lillestrom, Viking and Molde before taking Brentford to within seconds of the League One title at the end of last season.

He has just won the League One Manager of The Month award after a run of six wins and a draw in their last seven league matches which has seen the Bees firmly challenging for automatic promotion again.

Latics Chairman Dave Whelan said: “Uwe is one of the brightest young managers in the Football League and his ambition is to manage in the Premier League.

“He impressed me enormously when I spoke to him, he has a strong philosophy about how to play the game and has a desire to shape all aspects of the long term future of the club. I think he can and will achieve great things here at Wigan Athletic."

Jonathan Jackson, Chief Executive, said:

“I want to thank Brentford for their help in making this process so straight forward and wish them success as they seek to find a replacement.

“I believe we have found the right manager for Wigan Athletic. It has clearly been a difficult decision for him to leave somewhere where he has been so successful. However, he can now start the job of taking the club forward and begin writing the next chapter in our history.”