2014 FIFA World Cup

Starvinho

He has an American wife and family and a contract until 2018. He has an amazing job and given his circumstances he has probably the best job in the world to him.

I don't think he's going anywhere for a long time.

Tim Howard says his 15 save record means nothing in the context of defeat:

"None of that really matters to me, I signed up to do that, to put my face in front of balls."

Fnarr.

Tim Howard says his 15 save record means nothing in the context of defeat:

"None of that really matters to me, I signed up to do that, to put my face in front of balls."

Fnarr.

Oooo matron

This World Cup was the first time I watched (in the three total I've watched so far) that I had any true vested interest in. The last four years, I've been trying to bone up on as much football as possible, and this World Cup really confirmed my love of the sport. Seeing the US lose this year was so very heartbreaking. But it has definitely flared my interest in checking out MLS games instead of just UEFA games and such. And I'm really hoping that the god damn city officials here can get their heads out of their asses and give David Beckham what he wants to bring a team to Miami. It's private money that's being used, I don't know what the big deal is. Whatever. Meanwhile, I'll find a team to supplement my need to root for MERIKUH.

Meanwhile, I hope that Tim Howard will return for at least one more World Cup run. He was amazing this year, and I think that, at his age, if he's playing at this level, another four years shouldn't be too much to handle.

10437553_10152260297053386_7239548079127

NEVER FORGET.

• Like 1

It's the best thing that the USA outlasted England, Italy, Portugal, Spain and a few others.

The USA team definitely have a lot to be proud of, they put in a great performance and appear to have won over a lot of people who weren't expecting much for them. Personally, I'm now more interested in watching the MLS and seeing how that has developed since I've not seen it for about 10 years.

Now, to decide how to pick an American team to follow :unsure: .

Harder method: Spend time watching a bunch of MLS matches, figure out what team you have an affinity with.

Easier method: Determine players you liked on the USA team, see if they're in MLS (there's a decent chance they are!), follow their team.

Easiest method: Support the Sounders because we're rad as fuck.

• Like 2