2014 FIFA World Cup

Starvinho

Southampton finishing eighth doesn't count.

Particularly since the end result of Southampton finishing eighth was everyone who helped get them there moving on to clubs in the usual top six.

Southampton finishing eighth doesn't count.

Particularly since the end result of Southampton finishing eighth was everyone who helped get them there moving on to clubs in the usual top six.

What about that team that finished 7th :pervert:

Oh shit, you just reminded me that I got the last ~20-odd stickers in the post today (yes I ordered them, because the WC is over and now I'm LAZY) and I haven't stuck them in yet. COMPLETION AWAITS

• Like 1

Just cheat and order them, Panini sent me 117 this morning...

Did anyone get the replacement pack? They put out like an extra 60 stickers so you could stick someone who actually went over Andros Townsend.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

The Court of Arbitration for Sport upholds Luis Suarez's four-month playing ban but clears the Barcelona striker to train.

Here's the reaction of Luis Suarez's legal team:

"Luis Suarez has successfully appealed to Court of Arbitration for Sport in Lausanne against Fifa's decision to ban him from all football-related activity for four months for biting Italy's Giorgio Chiellini during the World Cup.

"The player remains ineligible to play in official matches during that period, and his nine-match international ban remains in place, but Suarez's legal team of Irish barrister David Casserly, Brazilian lawyer Daniel Cravo and Spanish firm Pintó Ruiz y Del Valle, successfully argued that Fifa had misapplied its own rules when considering the case and the sanction it imposed was disproportionate.

"As a result, Suarez is now permitted to train and attend matches with his Barcelona teammates in preparation for the new season.

"The full details of the court's decision are not yet known, but will be published in the coming weeks. The urgent appeal was dealt with by the Cas in an expedited arbitration, with a hearing held last Friday. Although there is a possibility to appeal Cas decisions to the Swiss Supreme Court, the grounds for appeal are very restricted."

• Admin

Cas's official statement says that the Fifa ban from "all football-related activity" was "excessive" and "not appropriate", in the judgment of the appeals panel. According to Suarez's legal team, the new terms of the suspension will also allow the striker to play in friendly matches. That could free him to play Uruguay's upcoming internationals against Japan and South Korea in September and Saudi Arabia in October. It seems as though he will now be able to be unveiled officially as a Barcelona player at the Nou Camp. Barcelona play in the Joan Gamper Trophy on Monday against Mexican side Club Leon and, according to reports in Spain, Luis Suarez could play in the fixture because it is not classed as a competitive game.

I think that's probably fair enough. If they're not going to toss him for life, then four months without games I personally find to be reasonable...so long as they toss him for life if he does that again.