2014 FIFA World Cup

Starvinho

The sports shows say we are screwed. Is that true? Upside that Hulkster graphic just gave me a ridiculous amount of joy :)

We are pretty screwed. Tough group, obnoxious amount of travel. Ghana has fucked the US over at every single turn in the last few years, and then the other two teams are Germany and the one with Cristiano Ronaldo.

BUT if you're looking for things to be positive about, we beat Portugal in the World Cup in 2002 and Ghana aren't really massively better than us. Still, Klinsmann has half a year to make our backline not what it is now.

• Like 1

The sports shows say we are screwed. Is that true? Upside that Hulkster graphic just gave me a ridiculous amount of joy :)

We are pretty screwed. Tough group, obnoxious amount of travel. Ghana has fucked the US over at every single turn in the last few years, and then the other two teams are Germany and the one with Cristiano Ronaldo.

BUT if you're looking for things to be positive about, we beat Portugal in the World Cup in 2002 and Ghana aren't really massively better than us. Still, Klinsmann has half a year to make our backline not what it is now.

This is vengeance for making us play at 45ºC in friggin Pasadena!

This is vengeance for making us play at 45ºC in friggin Pasadena!

You're Brazilian, 45C is two coat weather.

How do Americans in general view their own national team's chances at the World Cup, do they think they are a dark horse for the cup?

Last World Cup, drawing England and beating Algeria was considered an amazing win for freedom and liberty. So no, not really. The closest thing to a general expectation is that we'd like the team to get out of the group stage.

How do Americans in general view their own national team's chances at the World Cup, do they think they are a dark horse for the cup?

Last World Cup, drawing England and beating Algeria was considered an amazing win for freedom and liberty. So no, not really. The closest thing to a general expectation is that we'd like the team to get out of the group stage.

You guys beat England! :w00t:

NYP_280_1064498a.jpg

• Like 6

Tbf it was an easy group. It's just that England aren't particularly great.

That was the intention of my posting that!

Also way to censor yourself metalman. I THOUGHT YOU WERE ON THE EDGE.

• Like 1

The US can probably take some consolation that they will probably score more points than those dirty Iranians.

USA! USA! USA! :w00t:

• Like 1

I hope England get knocked out in the group stages. All I want is coverage where the BBC (and ITV since we must put up with them) concentrate on the match going on at the time. Normally it's "WOW! Ronaldo just scored the greatest goal ever, but enough of that shit - here's Gaby Roslin in the England training camp to talk about Wayne Rooney's codpiece."

Euro 2008 was a great tournament because England's preparations weren't taking up the coverage.

• Like 1

There is a 1% probability that if England get out of the group stages, people involved with football in the country will change their mentality and try to rebuild everything from top to bottom, like Germany did.

As I said, 1% probability.