The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

I'm almost at the point of 'fuck it, 8 Aguero goals would sort my Dream Team out'. No centre backs on the bench. :(

Doing alright weirdly though. Seems like one of those games where Colback might pop up with one.

Barnes has to get suspended for that tackle. Awful. I can't see Matic's being overturned though, even though it should.

Scrappy win for us, but I'll take that. Crystal Palace's pitch is disgraceful, I've never seen so many players lose their footing in one game. At one point it looked as though Dann injured himself when he lost his footing. Not acceptable for top flight standards at all.

Yep, Matic is out for the Final. Also, West Ham away and Southampton at home, I guess.

Decided to turn on SSN to see if there's wall-to-wall coverage of Barnes' "crimes" (their terminology, taken from Costa's "crimes" against Liverpool). The Costa incidents are apparently the standard, after all.

City/Newcastle highlights first. No problem...

Chelsea/Burnley... "Matic was sent off after reacting angrily to a challenge from Ashley Barnes".

Nope, that's it. No mention of what type of tackle it was. Nothing.

I also note that Barnes did this in the first half and, erm, no booking:

FlusteredRadiantCricket.gif