The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

C'mon guys, you're upsetting Hbob. :/

I know this is just Ellis being Ellis but to be honest - I'm more bemused than anything - because if and when John Terry, for example, leaves Chelsea and they have a big hoopla about it, I'm not going to even see it! (I don't watch Match of the Day, I rarely watch Sky Sports News, I at most might see a picture or a clip online somewhere).

I'll never understand the need to be pass remarkable about how other clubs do things like this.

I know this is just Ellis being Ellis but to be honest - I'm more bemused than anything - because if and when John Terry, for example, leaves Chelsea and they have a big hoopla about it, I'm not going to even see it! (I don't watch Match of the Day, I rarely watch Sky Sports News, I at most might see a picture or a clip online somewhere).

I'll never understand the need to be pass remarkable about how other clubs do things like this.

That's where I'm sitting in terms of my current viewership, yet it has been unavoidable this week.

You're not going to see it? It's been impossible to avoid all this crap about Gerrard.

Re-read my post. I did say in parenthesis the most I'd probably see is a few photographs and maybe some video clips that turn up in my twitter feed. But I wouldn't watch it live or be watching the match highlights or the rolling news coverage.

That's where I'm sitting in terms of my current viewership, yet it has been unavoidable this week.

I'll rephrase what I said:

The chances of me seeing, for example, anything from John Terry's last game at Stamford Bridge beyond whatever photographs, vine or youtube videos that might turn up in my Twitter feed is slim. Unless it happens that John Terry's last game for Chelsea is at home against Liverpool.

Would I be completely oblivious to the fact the event was taking place?

No I wouldn't be. I'd know. I'd hear about it. Most likely either on here or on Twitter or maybe if I happen to be watching SSN (which is rare).

After it happened would I seek out footage of the event to watch it for myself?

No. I wouldn't be that interested.

Is it likely that I would see photographs and videos popping up on my social media timelines?

Yes. Probably.

Would that bother me?

No.

Would I likely pass remakes about any special treatment given to him?

Nope. Not bothered.

Would the build up to the game itself bother me in the slightest?

I can't say that it would.

Perhaps it's just my nature but, when it comes to football, I am only interested in what happens with my club. I don't really watch other matches anymore and I keep only the slightest of tabs on how other teams are doing.

• Like 2