Sky Bet Football League thread 2015/16

Lineker

Brentford have sacked their head coach with the stupidly long Dutch name and replaced him with Lee Carsley until the end of the season. 

I'd like to think that somewhere in Glasgow, Mark Warburton is laughing to himself. 

Probably not. He spent bloody ages orchestrating the system that Brentford use to try and be successful. I don't get why they ditched him for Dijkhuizen like they did, but clearly it's backfired. Maybe they just took the 'system' too far this time.

And Evans wasn't sacked apparently, but it all seems a bit strange especially after two wins in a row. Some talk that he could be an option to be our next manager which, if true, might see me becoming a full time Gateshead FC fan.

You haven't experienced true anxiety until Steve Evans has been linked with your club.

• Like 1

We conceded a last minute equaliser tonight at home to Swindon. When it just isn't going your way...

Barnsley at home on Saturday, that is a huge game. Surely going to be Rob Jones' last league game in charge. We have got to start winning games soon.

I get back to donny Saturday, that'll be bloody fun.

Brighton, early premier league title favourites for 2016/17.

Brighton can fuck off. Nobheads cost me my bet last week conceding to Bolton in the 94th minute. 

• Like 2

• Admin

New Brentford boss Lee Carsley has ruled out staying in the job beyond the end of the season.

“I did not ask to be a football manager and it certainly wasn't something I put my hand up for. I don't want the job permanently," he said.

That's how you build confidence!

• Like 2

We conceded a last minute equaliser tonight at home to Swindon. When it just isn't going your way...

Barnsley at home on Saturday, that is a huge game. Surely going to be Rob Jones' last league game in charge. We have got to start winning games soon.

I get back to donny Saturday, that'll be bloody fun.

I'm taking my girlfriend to her first game, she's probably going to dump me afterwards if it's as dire as it has been so far this season.

New Brentford boss Lee Carsley has ruled out staying in the job beyond the end of the season.

“I did not ask to be a football manager and it certainly wasn't something I put my hand up for. I don't want the job permanently," he said.

How bizarre. What are Brentford playing at!?

Lee Carsley was shit. Except for taking penalties.

John Sheridan is Newport's new manager. Odd appointment, considering Newport is very much not the North of England that Sheridan was so desperate to get back to when he left Argyle.

He wanted to become the 6th member of the GwLads 

• Like 2

When you're facing one of the best teams in the league away from home, dropping nine of the players who helped claim seven points from the last three matches might not seem like a conventional tactic. That's exactly what Ricardo Moniz has done today against Orient. Call me a cynic, but I have a bad feeling about this.