Sky Bet Football League thread 2015/16

Lineker

• Admin

Oldham Athletic have appointed David Dunn as their new manager on an interim basis.

The former Blackburn and Birmingham midfielder, 35, takes charge after Darren Kelly was sacked on Saturday.

Kelly, 36, was dismissed after just four months in charge of the League One side following a 5-1 home defeat by managerless Peterborough.

Dunn, capped once by England, joined Oldham as a player in the summer and has made eight appearances this season.

Former Sunderland coach Kelly was in charge of only nine matches after being appointed in May on a two-year contract.

Oldham, who have won only one of their seven league games this term and are 19th in the table, said earlier in a club statement  that all of the current coaching staff will remain in their respective roles.

• Like 1

I'm going to just say that we didn't deserve to win all told, yet I also think Hanley's 'goal' should have been given as a handball. It came at him quick, but he moved his arm/shoulder towards the ball.

Am sure it is a bit of a biased interpretation, but I also don't think it is as cut and dry as some made it out to be.

1. Player elbows Byram in the face. Yellow card.

2. Same player refuses to stand 10 yards back for a free kick. No yellow card.

3. Byram through on goal, about to shot, gets tripped up. Booked for diving.

Yep, we really do only get shit refs

• Like 1

• Admin

The president of Blackpool Football Club has begun legal action against its owners amid concerns about the alleged transfer of millions of pounds away from the club's accounts.

Businessman Valeri Belokon, who owns a 20% share in the club, claims Karl and Owen Oyston have improperly transferred cash sums to their own companies.

He has issued a claim for "unfair prejudice" at London's High Court.

A spokesman for Blackpool Football Club said there would be "no comment".

Mr Belokon claims millions of pounds were transferred to the Oystons' companies "via unsecured interest-free loans and directors' remuneration payments".

The Latvian businessman launched the action via his company VB Football Assetts on Tuesday.

He has also issued proceedings against the Oystons' company Segesta Ltd, concerning an investment it made in July 2008.

Mr Belokon bought shares in the club in 2006 and was heavily involved in their rise which culminated in promotion to the Premier League in 2010.

But the Tangerines have since suffered two relegations and currently languish second from bottom in English football's third tier.

Blackpool supporters have been involved in demonstrations, match boycotts and social media campaigns in protest at the way the Oyston family runs the club.

Steve Rowland, chairman of Blackpool Supporters' Trust, said it had been in touch with Mr Belokon and were expecting him to take legal action.

Mr Rowland said he understands Mr Belokon has loaned millions to the club.

"He is of the opinion, rightly or wrongly, that the Oystons have made millions and their businesses have profited, and that that money hasn't all gone into the footballing side of the business," he said.

"I suspect he's reached the stage where he would like to have more of a say in the boardroom, and if that's not possible I think he would like to take his money and go."

Somebody on a podcast was saying that Fulham have signed plays instead of losing players, even signing one clubs player of the year (McCormack? Not sure). Pringle is looking good tonight.

Stearman I think. He was quite a big favourite at Wolves.

Cairney and Pringle look like good signings as well.