Sky Bet Football League thread 2015/16

Lineker

Readings season has been so frustrating, when we show up, we look class, but we cannot seem to score, we were scoring goals for fun at the beginning of the season. Sold Nick Blackman, Orlando Sa looks to be off to AEK Athens, And Vydra has yet to show his worth. Mid table obscurity this season.

• Admin

Ian Hendon has been sacked as manager of Leyton Orient. Club president Francesco Becchetti has been handed a six-match stadium ban and fined 40,000 by the Football Association after being found guilty of violent conduct.

Also, Scunthorpe have sacked Mark Robins.

Cardiff have been placed under a Football League transfer embargo for a breach of financial fair play rules. The embargo will be in place for the rest of the January transfer window.

• Admin

Bolton have avoided moves in the high court to have the club wound up. The Wanderers, who are bottom of the Championship, were given until 22 February to find a rescue scheme.

Bolton struggled to pay their players’ wages in the run-up to christmas and are struggling with the burden of £183m net debt. The hearing against one of the the founder members of the Football league was brought over £2.2m of unpaid VAT and PAYE.

The club is hoping to sell a car park at the Macron Stadium, which is next to a retail park, in a deal that could tie it over until the end of the current season.

It is understood that three-to-four parties are in active discussions about taking over from the long-time owner Eddie Davies but, as yet, no one group has stumped up the cash to end Wanderers’ financial turmoil.

Everything is up for sale while Bolton try to balance the books, including players and the club’s training ground and it is understood they are in discussions with both Preston and Wigan regarding the facilities at Euxton.

Trevor Birch, who is advising the board at the club, told the Bolton website: “HMRC takes a very strict approach towards football clubs. Despite the club putting forward a solution, utilising funds generated from its assets that would have enabled repayment of its debt in full over a period of a few months, HMRC refused to agree to an adjournment to give effect to the plan.

“With that in mind, it is pleasing that the high court rejected its wish to liquidate the club and that it has given the club time either to raise funds and or conclude a sale.”

3 hours ago, Lineker said:

Ian Hendon has been sacked as manager of Leyton Orient. Club president Francesco Becchetti has been handed a six-match stadium ban and fined 40,000 by the Football Association after being found guilty of violent conduct.

Another day at the circus. And we've got a new technical manager type so I'm sure he is going to be boss next. Another four manager season, I see.

22 goals in a season? Jay Simpson is killing League Two. I can't even remember anyone who has scored more than that in a season for us. Probably not even in my lifetime, I reckon. He had better not leave us during the window :@