Sky Bet Football League thread 2015/16

Lineker

23 hours ago, Ace Berimmer said:

Walsall are 3-0 up, so barring a total collapse, if Doncaster pinch a win against Burton, they're up.

We made our third sub in the 65th minute, a defender went off injured on 67 and then 10 minutes from the end another player went off injured. So we saw out the game with nine men, and Burton, knowing all they needed was a goalless draw, passed it around comfortably for the whole remainder of the game while their fans lined up on the edge of the pitch for the celebratory invasion.

Thank god this miserable bag of shite season is over.

3 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

I'm both glad the season is over and dreading the start of the next one. If things don't change at the top soon, I really think next season could be Notts County's last as a league club.

Don't say things like that 

12 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

I know I'm being negative, and that's probably influenced by the last few weeks. Hopefully, things might look different after the summer, and all of our teams will flourish.

Except West Ham 

Paul Hurst has been rumoured, but I don't see why he'd want to leave Grimsby if they go up. It'll also depend on whether or not Ray Trew actually sells club as his hiring record is shocking for a man who made millions in the field of recruitment.

2 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

Paul Hurst has been rumoured, but I don't see why he'd want to leave Grimsby if they go up. It'll also depend on whether or not Ray Trew actually sells club as his hiring record is shocking for a man who made millions in the field of recruitment.

I've always been under the impression that Paul Hurst's ultimate goal is the Rotherham job. If Grimsby go up on Sunday and have some of that first-season-back momentum ala Bristol Rovers, combined with Rotherham inevitability being relegated from the Championship, it won't be too long before that job is in Hurst's reach.

Notts County, since the takeover thing in 2009 or so, sounds like a job for someone with not too many options. The amount of disarray and mismanagement would be off-putting for any up-and-comer.

• Admin

Brighton will be without Dale Stephens for their entire play-off campaign after the midfielder's three-match ban was upheld by the Football Association. The FA rejected a claim of wrongful dismissal and excessive punishment.

Does anyone know if there's a website / online resource that keeps track of all the Football League end-of-season squad releases? Teams have started announcing them and I was hoping to keep track of them as best I could.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Adam said:

Does anyone know if there's a website / online resource that keeps track of all the Football League end-of-season squad releases? Teams have started announcing them and I was hoping to keep track of them as best I could.

Mark Noble's safe, mate. Don't worry. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Lineker said:

Brighton will be without Dale Stephens for their entire play-off campaign after the midfielder's three-match ban was upheld by the Football Association. The FA rejected a claim of wrongful dismissal and excessive punishment.

I think that's the right call. I know people argued on the day that it was accidental, and I don't doubt it, but it was reckless. The damage he did was evidence enough.

5 hours ago, Baddar said:

I think that's the right call. I know people argued on the day that it was accidental, and I don't doubt it, but it was reckless. The damage he did was evidence enough.

The appeal was more about how Mike Dean was clearly ready to give a yellow card until being influenced by the Middlesborough player showing the nasty cut on his leg.

Saying that, he made the right call, no matter how he came to that conclusion.