FA Cup 2015/16 Thread

The Lusophone

Is Benteke rubbish? Or does he not fit Liverpool's style? I've always thought he was pretty good as the focal point of an attack, but yeah he hasn't been doing well this season. His confidence isn't there and he's missing plenty of chances he probably wouldn't have last season.

35 minutes ago, Adam said:

Is Benteke rubbish? Or does he not fit Liverpool's style? I've always thought he was pretty good as the focal point of an attack, but yeah he hasn't been doing well this season. His confidence isn't there and he's missing plenty of chances he probably wouldn't have last season.

Bit of both. Some of his play is baffling at times though in terms of when he makes a run or his positioning. 

Benteke is not rubbish, and the fact that people think that he is is laughable. His scoring record in a pretty poor Villa team shows that. It doesn't help that his confidence is shot because loads of shitty Liverpool fans are hammering him with criticism.

• Like 2

Can no one be criticised?  Some criticism of him is unfair but most of it this season is warranted. Last night he played well but he is wasting far too many chances. He had three good chances in extra time in which he really should have scored. 

Benteke had a good game but he never took his chances. That was the sad part. 

Villa built around him and that brought out the best in him. Liverpool won't do that.

I don't think he's shit. I think he's better than Balotelli or Andy Carroll but I do think he's struggling to go from being the main guy to just a one attacking option. And what's more he's getting more focus on his performance now probably than ever before because he's at Liverpool

Lucas had an excellent game. A bunch of inexperience players had great games. Sturridge looked miles better than anyone. Coutinho came back. Origi is back. Lots of good stuff.

• Admin

The Football Association has reacted to the rumpus over ticket prices by reducing the cost of attending the FA Cup final and semi-finals.

Following £5 cuts across the board, tickets for the 21 May Wembley showpiece will start at £45, excluding concessions, and semi-final tickets will begin at £30.

A statement from the FA read: “Following discussions led by chief executive Martin Glenn, the FA today confirms that ticket prices for the 2016 Emirates FA Cup final at Wembley have been reduced by £5 across all price points.

“In addition, tickets for this year’s semi-final matches revert back to 2014 prices. So far, this season’s competition has seen attendances close to two million and £13m distributed to clubs across the football pyramid. The FA is in a good financial position and lowering the cost of these showpiece matches is in recognition of the strong, continued commitment from fans supporting the world’s original cup competition.”

The semi-finals are scheduled to take place on 23 and 24 April.

The controversy over ticket prices has been much debated in recent weeks. Liverpool fans walked out of their draw with Sunderland earlier this month after 77 minutes, causing the club’s owners to back down and change their plans for a £77 match ticket from next season.

There's talks about scrapping replays and holding the competition during the week as opposed to Fri-Mon.

I don't think they should change up the days the matches get played. I do like designated FA Cup weekends, but replays could be looked in to.

I was thinking before that maybe, games between teams in the same division shouldn't go to a replay, but when it's clearly financially beneficial for the smaller team, they could stick around. I just don't see the point in, using games from a round ago as an example, Spurs/Leicester and Liverpool/West Ham needing a replay. In the case when a Championship or lower side earns a draw with PL opposition, I could understand their gripe if there were no replays any more. It's an interesting one, but one I think that will go no further than a discussion and we'll carry on as normal.