Premier League 2016/17

Lineker

Smalling came on against Celta and they were both training before that game, so not so miraculous really.

Although it will be if either of them make it past half time without getting injured again. <_<

Bailly does need a rest though so I don't blame Mourinho for having him sit out. 

I suppose if one team had to get beat, United getting tonked and Mourinho being sad is the best scenario.  

Can't say I'm surprised by the result, happy that Bailly, Antonio and Pogba were rested for this. Don't bother playing any of the decent players from now on as there's no need. Keep them fresh for Europa League. 

May be a shitty unbeaten record but it depends on what follows next season, being difficult to score against and difficult to beat is never a bad thing. 

Pretty sure our Summer signings this year will throw us right into contention. 

• Like 1

Glad to have won that one. The way things have gone I fully expected to have still lost to Mourinhos rested squad.

And that win ensures that Spurs are in the group stage of Champions League again next season! So I'm happy. That's 2/3rds of what I had hoped for out of this season (finish above Arsenal, qualify for CL). Maybe they can make up for screwing up the third part this year by not doing so unbelievably awful in Europe next year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Davidmarrio said:

There goes the shittest unbeaten record in recent memory. 

I've said for a while that I would've preferred a couple of losses in there if it meant more wins when we drew games we shouldn't have. Still quite optimistic for next season, just need to make sure we win the Europa or it'll very much feel like a shit season.

3 hours ago, Sam said:

May be a shitty unbeaten record but it depends on what follows next season, being difficult to score against and difficult to beat is never a bad thing. 

Pretty sure our Summer signings this year will throw us right into contention. 

And if they don't, Jose needs sacking.