Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Thread

Hellraiser

It was a nice to have a smaller scale Spider-Man film that was actually all about Spider-Man. Like, instead of being all end-of-the-world, it was nice it was more like the end-of-his-world. I'd like to see way more of that in the MCU. I don't think it was outstanding, or game-changing, but definitely refreshing and a nice watch. 

14 minutes ago, Benjamin said:

Those have basically what the Spider-Man and Ant Man films have been and all four have both been great. 

Do we know when they are going to announce the next phase? When is SDCC?

SDCC starts next Thursday and yea, there is no solid info on the next movie.  Some people think it'll be Black Panther 2, some think it'll be Black Widow, which has had vehicles from 2017 in pictures, so probably taking place between Civil War and Infinity War

32 minutes ago, Lint said:

SDCC starts next Thursday and yea, there is no solid info on the next movie.  Some people think it'll be Black Panther 2, some think it'll be Black Widow, which has had vehicles from 2017 in pictures, so probably taking place between Civil War and Infinity War

GotG Vol. 3 I guess got pushed back since they tried to fire the director for some ridiculous reason, right?

56 minutes ago, Benjamin said:

GotG Vol. 3 I guess got pushed back since they tried to fire the director for some ridiculous reason, right?

It was pushed back to give James Gunn time to film Suicide Squad 2

• Like 1

On 03/07/2019 at 03:50, GoGo Yubari said:

There better be actual announcements at SDCC this year because the wait for Phase 4 information is going to be rough.

I have a feeling we'll have to wait longer for the full announcement.  Someone reminded me of the upcoming disney expo, and then I remembered that a couple people in here were saying that SDCC might have info about Phase 4 but didn't seem definite, so I checked out the d23 website and:

"Saturday, August 24

The Walt Disney Studios will present a behind-the-scenes look at its blockbuster collection of upcoming films on Saturday, August 24, at 10 a.m. Fans will see what’s on the drawing board for the acclaimed filmmakers at Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios and get a peek at the exciting slate of live-action projects, from Disney to Marvel Studios to Star Wars. As always, attendees will be treated to exclusive footage, special guest appearances, and more!"

So its possible we might have to wait until the end of August...:(

8 hours ago, Ruki said:

The mid credit scene was probably my favorite in the entirety of the MCU. 

Easily!  It was so good, and since I watched like all the MCU in the leadup to seeing Endgame, this mid-credit scene very much got me very hyped to see the next movie and then I realized that the binge is over and I have to actually wait, boooooo.

• Like 1

I just looked at the SDCC schedule and Kevin Feige has a panel on Saturday night about Marvel Studios. I imagine they'll offer something there, probably to be expanded upon at D23.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised if they gave us stuff we already technically knew, like Black Panther 2, Black Widow, etc. Maybe some official Shang-Chi news as well to give us a 'new' character. 

Finally saw Far From Home and loved it! Definitely a nice palette cleanser after Endgame. 

Spoiler

Mysterio played out exactly how I would have thought but it was still great. I'm really glad Gyllenhaal finally in on the comic book movie fun. He was perfect.

The credits scenes are definitely interesting. Of course JK Simmons is a national treasure so him returning as J. Jonah Jameson is fantastic but I'm curious where they go with the identity reveal. The Kree one at the end has to be setting up Secret Invasion right?

Also for SDCC, don't be surprised if they announce more details about the Disney+ shows. 

Edited by livid

8 hours ago, Tigerstyle said:

I know this is a weird question but is there a way of finding out if Marvel have licensed their properties for things? Like games and stuff

I mean there is an Avengers game coming out, as well as the very great Spider-Man for PS4.  None of them are based on the MCU though.  If your asking if there is any MCU related thing games or stuff then no, I don't think there is.  Would probably cost way too much to use the actors for games

There were actually some Iron Man tie in games, sans rdj Voice acting. But they weren't particularly great.

Also there's a Lego game based around the first two Avengers films, again with changed voice acting.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lego_Marvel's_Avengers

Finally there's Lego Marvel superheroes 1 and 2, but that's not based on any film franchise. They are really fun though, and has a lot of characters.

Edit: Apparently there's a list on the MCU Wikipedia page, under outside media

Edited by Jasonmufc

I took @Tigerstyle's question to mean if there's a way to see what Marvel has filed trademarks for in relations to games, movies, etc. Like when the internet sleuths found the All Elite Wrestling, All Out, Double Or Nothing, Fight for the Fallen, etc. trademarks.

But I might be wrong.

On 7/9/2019 at 10:12 PM, GoGo Yubari said:

I just looked at the SDCC schedule and Kevin Feige has a panel on Saturday night about Marvel Studios. I imagine they'll offer something there, probably to be expanded upon at D23.

Turn the sound on, and it's the Russos introducing Infinity War footage to SDCC some years back. I highly doubt they're going to announce they're directing another Marvel movie or anything, but I wouldn't rule out some discarded footage or behind the scenes stuff and some discussion about the Infinity Saga.