Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Thread

Hellraiser

7 hours ago, St. Dubb said:

From what I read, it was over creative differences. He wanted it to be an R rated, true horror movie while Feige didn't want to go that far. 

They need to ease into that stuff. I'm more than happy to see the sequel be like the rest of the MCU movies, but have it push some of the boundaries for horror. There is definitely room (and a market) for Marvel Horror in film, but up to this point, if it says Marvel on it, it's a safe bet that you can just take your kids and go see it without knowing too much about the movie. Could you imagine the backlash they would receive from people who weren't following the news when they went to see it and got a horror movie that has Dr Strange in it, as opposed to a movie that resembles the first one with some horror elements?

I really want to see a full on horror Dr Strange movie, but they need to introduce those elements a little bit at a time. If this were a brand new property for them, like say, Blade... and they shied away from that, then I could see people getting upset about the creative direction.

I have read that if New Mutants does well enough, that Marvel and Disney are going to see that as proof that they can take their characters further in that direction. So, go see New Mutants in theatres if the reviews aren't terrible.

48 minutes ago, tristy said:

Disney (or their D23 newsletter) is saying New Mutants is in the MCU canon, since @Gabriel mentioned the movie. I don't see how that's possible, but I'll go with it I guess. It's got Maisie Williams in it so I'm on board.

I mean Dr. Strange, Ant-Man, and Endgame technically revealed that multiple realities exist... Sooo... timey wimey can make anything canon.

Edited by Jasonmufc

3 minutes ago, Tigerstyle said:

How very stupid. Throw $3bil at Sony and get your Spidey back

I'm sure Disney has made a silly money offer already, and Sony's holding on figuring they can profit more from leeching off the hype with sub par 'it's technically marvel' films rather than take the lump sump.

On 11/01/2020 at 07:20, tristy said:

Disney (or their D23 newsletter) is saying New Mutants is in the MCU canon, since @Gabriel mentioned the movie. I don't see how that's possible, but I'll go with it I guess. It's got Maisie Williams in it so I'm on board.

They later took that out of the newsletter and said it was a typo, so its not MCU

Don't love the Taskmaster helmet, feels like a very Michael Bay Transformers "let's take a somewhat absurd comic thing and try so hard to make it normal it becomes boring" thing.

5 hours ago, Colly said:

Ahem. Spider-Man AND Michael Keaton.

He hasn't appeared in the MCU yet.