Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Thread

Hellraiser

7 hours ago, Kyle. said:

I'm trying not to get overly excited for No Way Home based on the trailer. I'm failing.

Why would you not want to get overly excited!?

Hell, its gotten me more pumped up for Shang-Chi, just because it means we're one step closer to Spider Man!

• 2 weeks later...

Shang-Chi is (many spoilers)

Spoiler

Amazing. Probably the best fight cinematography I've ever seen, although that's not saying a whole lot given my usual film choices. Tony Leung is great throughout and it's a real shame he likely won't be back. As much as I get frustrated by characters purely made for toys, if it means Ben Kingsley comes back they can make up all the cuddly animals they want. The ending relied a bit too much on the dragons for my liking but it was still very entertaining.

I also experienced my first audience screaming for the post credits scene as the kids in the cinema squealed when Hulk and Captain Marvel appeared. Ruffalo being back to Banner is an interesting development.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

Shang-Chi is (many spoilers)

Hide contents

Amazing. Probably the best fight cinematography I've ever seen, although that's not saying a whole lot given my usual film choices. Tony Leung is great throughout and it's a real shame he likely won't be back. As much as I get frustrated by characters purely made for toys, if it means Ben Kingsley comes back they can make up all the cuddly animals they want. The ending relied a bit too much on the dragons for my liking but it was still very entertaining.

I echo pretty much all of this. Fantastic film, really enjoyed the finale, just all round very enjoyable.

Spoiler

I really expected there to be some sort of connection or allusion to Kun Lun/Fin Fang Foom/Iron Fist given how similar the Ta Lo story is, and how similar it would be with the dragons and whatnot but not disappointed at all. Just expected a wee nod maybe at some point. Simu Lui and Tony Leung were both fantastic. I knew Abomination was in it but Wong was a pleasant surprise. Was pretty curious how they were gonna tie in with the greater MCU so was really cool to see Banner and Captain Marvel reach out at the end. Seems like the Ten Rings (army) are going to be like the new Hydra maybe? And the Ten Rings (weapons) might have something to do with the Eternals?

So is it Spider-Man next?

Eternals then Spider-Man. Eternals is November 4th or 5th or something like that, sometime in early November.

God dammit ya'll are making me want to do the one thing I said I wouldn't do, and thats see a movie in theaters...fuck

4 hours ago, Subject Delta said:

Watch Shang-Chi. The trailers did it zero justice whatsoever.

I am holding out hope that the Drive In shows it before they close down for the season. There's absolutely no way I'm sitting in a crowded theater with Covid being as bad as it is here.

I am happy to see it doing good numbers, but I'll have to wait on the next string of Marvel movies until they hit home video, I guess.

So I broke down and went to see Shang-Chi today.  Man, such a great movie.  Easily one of the best in the MCU.  The fight choreography was on point, costumes were great, and Tony Leung stole the movie

• Like 1