MMA News and Discussion Thread

I dont think Tim has the heart for it anymore, i think he's better off fighting in DREAM there he can fight Josh Barnett and probably Overeem without having to cut all the weight

I'd love to think that, but Tim Sylvia never exactly seemed like a hugely motivated guy. Plus wasn't he 300+ pounds for the Ray Mercer fight? It just seems that since leaving UFC, he's let himself go, maybe because he's not under a strict a training regiment or under the threat of being let go. He was getting paid regardless by Affliction because he was a name, it's the same stuff that happens to lazy NFL players when they only care about money and get it all up front. And yes, Tim Sylvia only cares about money, that's why he was let go from UFC in the first place.

I don't even think they could hype him up as one of Zuffa's guys anymore, because if they tried Dana would happily bury Tim in the press.

Unless he gets himself motivated and back in shape, he's just going to be a special attraction fighter. He already is, with Mercer and now the mutant strongman. I see Sylvia fighting Kimbo way before he fights Overeem.

He fought a Gracie, it was last night, and there are LOADS of Gracies, we are on to a new generation now, the sons/nephews of the Rorians, Royces and Renzos

Family Tree:

gracie-family-tree.gif

This sin't up to date btw

Ralek is Rorian's (Royce's half brother) son

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Ah okay. They're talking about it on The Fight Network like it's taking place tonight along with the UFC show.

A lot of the stuff on the Fight Network is done in advance. If it's Mauro's show, they actually show that Friday afternoons now.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

It's not on Youtube, but if you ever get a chance to see Mark Hominick vs. Hatsu Hioki from TKO 28 in 2007, it was just on The Fight Network and it was a really good slugfest.