The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

I wouldn't want to pay an additional third on the price of my phone over a two year contract. :/

Oh you're still signing contracts. Then in that case insurance isn't as useful.

People here are upgrading every 8-12 months out of contract and the insurance package includes the ability to upgrade just by trading in your device.

Anyone playing UFC? I hated the controls in the demo. I'm sure I will get used to them at some point, but I can't justify spending $70 to get a game that I am going to have to get used to right now. When I can get it at half price, I will jump all over it.

Anyone playing UFC? I hated the controls in the demo. I'm sure I will get used to them at some point, but I can't justify spending $70 to get a game that I am going to have to get used to right now. When I can get it at half price, I will jump all over it.

I'm going to be grabbing it after work. After a while I started to get a handle on the controls and a developer has sworn they've fixed a ton of bugs since the demo release, so I'm game. Got it mostly paid off anyways I think.

Admittedly, I didn't have a lot of time with the demo because of other games I'm playing and working a lot, but I couldn't get a grasp on the submission system yet, and I could not figure out if the strike modifiers have rhyme or reason to them. I remember thinking I had leg kicks figured out, and then I went to do it and threw a big head kick.

I wouldn't want to pay an additional third on the price of my phone over a two year contract. :/

People here are upgrading every 8-12 months out of contract and the insurance package includes the ability to upgrade just by trading in your device.

People are paying $600 every year?

People are paying $600 every year?

No they trade it in and get the installment balance wiped off. It helps keep plans lower and keeps people out of contracts. Subsidized phones are on the way out given how quickly the price of new, premium smartphones is going up.

If you're talking about the Next plan it's not really a good option.

No this is with T-Mobile. Next is based off of that but their plans are still high-priced and pretty restrictive in how it lets you pay off your phone.

But all the major carriers are close to doing away with subsidized phones anyway, so they're trying to ease people into realizing a $600 or $700 premium smartphone actually costs that much.

So, Playstations?

Has it been announced of even rumoured what the July Plus offerings will be?

I haven't heard anything yet. I'm guessing that we won't find out until the last week of the month, and Sony seems to have kept any rumours under wraps over the last couple of months.

No news yet on it, but we will find out in a week or so now. The one thing to mention though, is that I'm pretty certain I read somewhere that at E3, Sony said something about making more AAA titles available through the Instant Game Collection for PS4 in the coming months.

Fingers crossed for inFamous: Second Son, then. I really want it, and I keep waiting for the price to drop, but it just won't.

Infamous, Killzone, Injustice, Rayman and Knack are all prime candidates to be used for the IGC.

I'll think it'll take a while longer for the really big games to join the PS4 IGC. It's rare for AAA games that are less than a year old make it onto the PS3 IGC, and there are still plenty of smaller downloadable titles coming up that could be added. I'm guessing that the big-budget releases might start rolling in around October, when the Playstation Plus version of Drive Club is introduced.

The disc drive on my PS3 died tonight. Power went out, when it came back on it did the system restore thing to check the file system..was fine. Went into GTA Online for a bit and it started to glitch out a little graphically...when I tried to join a mission is froze on me so I turned off my PS3 and turned it back on...wouldn't read the disc. Tried again..nothing. Tried a few other discs, nothing. Did a complete system restore...nothing. Finally I put a black line with a sharpie on a disc and slide it in...waited and ejected it and the line was in the same place, so the motor isn't running. Fucking great...

Yea, I'll probably just trade in my remaining games and go download only for the time being. Man, I'm glad I got that 250GB hard drive back in the day now

I suppose you could always try and find a broken PS3 with a working drive and swap the two, if you're willing to dabble in trying to fix it yourself that is.

Actually did look into that. It gets a little complicated with the fat model like I have. Certain models can only take certain drives. Plus, the only broken PS3s I've found have also had broken drives