The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

Or more to the point, if you're thinking of getting one there's probably no better time than right now with the Mario Kart Bundle and the free game offer with Mario Kart 8. I highly doubt they'll pull an offer like that off when Smash Bros comes out because they'll be expecting monster sales anyway.

Nintendo have announced a $100 bundle of Smash U, a GameCube-style controller, and an adapter already. I'm sure a full Wii-U bundle will be announced sooner or later too.

So I've come I've come into an extra $100 and am considering using it to knock down the price of a 3DS or a Wii U. Suggestions?

I love my Wii U. I'd recommend picking one up to anyone who enjoys Nintendo consoles. Sales have been slow, but there is a good base of games to try out at this point.

New Super Mario Bros is a good addition to the 2D side-scroll Nintendo franchise. Zombie U is a fantastic game that makes use of the Game Pad. 3D World is fantastic and can be difficult at times (especially when paired with friends and alcohol). Mario Kart is by far some of the most fun I've had with gaming online on a console. Wonderful 101's has a steep learning curve, but it's beaming with great ideas and a fun story. I'm trying to get into Pikmin right now - controls are bit strange, but I think once I get over the initially awkward controls I love it.

If you've got a Wii, it's even more of a great console because it's backwards compatible - sell your Wii console, keep your games and controllers and put it towards a Wii U.

I looked into a 3DS, because it has a fantastic base of games, but I was dissuaded because I've got an iPhone and great games there. A 3DS would be great, but personally, I'd rather invest it in what the Wii U has right now and pick it up a 3DS up later.

I've just spent £45 on Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii (the price is so high because of its rarity), I've heard great things about it but has anyone here got it?

Should of posted that you wanted one as i found a copy in GAME last sunday for £12.99 which im planning to sell on.

Where were you when Argos had the limited edition for £24.99 a few months ago?

still one of the best games I've ever played, even at £45 you won't regret it.

I've just spent £45 on Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii (the price is so high because of its rarity), I've heard great things about it but has anyone here got it?

I'm as "casual" a gamer as you're likely to find on EWB, and barely ever have the attention span for a full-on RPG and I plowed in excess of 120 hours into Xenoblade. It's slow starting, and the plot can seem a little all over the place if you spend hours and hours doing side-quests, but it's totally worth it.

Has anyone played whatchamacallit Life yet? It looks fun, but also possibly too bonkers and a little *too* open for me if I'm looking for something to use the 2DS for after Bravely Default...

I fucking love my 3DS. It's brilliant. I'll have a Wii-U by the end of the summer though because I've honestly really enjoyed playing demos on it and see the appeal of owning one myself, especially with Smash coming out in the winter.

The Tingle bottle thing in Wind Waker HD is so great. Hilariously, the bottles led to me getting pictures of

to turn into figurines, thus spoiling the plot twist that I already knew was coming anyway.

the King of Hyrule and Zelda

• Like 1

Pushmo World is out for Wii U.

Should I pick it up? Reviews seem pretty favorable, but I have no hands on experience on the 3DS game.

I'm as "casual" a gamer as you're likely to find on EWB, and barely ever have the attention span for a full-on RPG and I plowed in excess of 120 hours into Xenoblade. It's slow starting, and the plot can seem a little all over the place if you spend hours and hours doing side-quests, but it's totally worth it.

Has anyone played whatchamacallit Life yet? It looks fun, but also possibly too bonkers and a little *too* open for me if I'm looking for something to use the 2DS for after Bravely Default...

My friend loves Tomodachi Life, going off of what he said it's something I'm hopefully grabbing down the line if my inevitable purchase doesn't inch too close to ORAS coming out.

In anticipation of the Wii-U I will be purchasing in early July, I'm taking advantage of buy 2 get 1 free sale on Target + the Mario Kart 8 deal. Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World, Rayman Legends, and once I do the Mario Kart 8 deal, Wind Waker HD. Total value is something like $33 per game (H)

• Like 1

Sousa and I want to get a Mario Kart 8 group going once I have my Wii-U. Plus you should get it within the next month anyway just so you get the free extra game too. If I can play Super Mario 3D World with other EWBers I will absolutely want to do that too.

• Like 1