The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

Yeah, I don't really see how Chrom would offer anything majorly different to, say, Marth. Lucina is awesome and Robin offers a new type of fighting style.

I've started to look at the 3DS/XL/2DS....I really wanna play Fire Emblem and Bravely Default.

Looking at the 2DS, it seems really awkward to hold and play with. Anyone have any hands on experience?

Is there a long update when you first hook the console up? I remember reading about that when they came out

It took me ten minutes or so I think.

Is there a long update when you first hook the console up? I remember reading about that when they came out

It took me ten minutes or so I think.

Oh cool. I remember the horror stories

Christmas morning was really rough, but it will probably be fine otherwise as long as your internet is good.

Best Buy has buy 1 get 1 on select first party 3DS games starting next week.

"Hahaha, that's no big deal, I have enough games al --"

*checks. Bravely Default is on it.*

"Well shit."

• Like 1

(Lots of) Xenoblade ending thoughts:

In a way I kinda found myself slightly underwhelmed at the whole Zanza thing, I think the story twisted itself a bit too much and I felt like the Zanza thing was just thrown in to make the story even longer. I can't say I completely understood it either, particularly what Alvis was doing the whole time or why he decided to change allegiances, or why Zanza decided to destroy everything.

As far as the other shocks:

- I worked out Mumkhar was Metal Face in the very first battle as soon as I saw the claws and figured out that the homs/mechon connection was what prevented the Monado doing damage at the same time.

- I spoiled the Fiora one for myself but was surprised she came back as a full character. The ending was quite nice with her getting her human/hom body back even though they made no attempt to explain how.

- Once Fiora came back I was expecting Gadolt soon after, I was hoping once his memory was gone you'd just get to kill him but I guess the "heroic" nature of his death ticked the happier ending boxes. He seemed like an absolute ass in the few cutscenes he was in.

- I was always suspicious about Dickson based on his dialogue in the cut-scenes but didn't have him pegged for a full blown heel turn. That was probably the best twist in the game.

Overall it was fantastic, well worth the inflated price, and I'm going through New Game + beating up high levelled monsters for fun now.