The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

It's when you do the paralogues. So once you finish Chapter 13 they start showing up all over. Some of them are pretty easy to get (Lissa's son, Miriel's son, Panne's son), some are kind of in the middle but give you awesome characters (Cordelia's daughter, Olivia's son), some are really goddamn hard but give you awesome characters (Nowi's daughter), and some give you bullshit that you'll never use as a reward for some ridiculous crap (Cherche's son).

Will you be able to tell which kid you get in the paralogue? And when you say 'really goddamn hard', like lots of strong enemies hard or like that one paralogue where you have three villagers running towards the enemies and it's impossible to save them? (Because fuck that. They deserved death)

Also, I'm excited to see Panne's son. He is going to be fucking badass, as Panne is likely my strongest character (although, Donnel is getting up there too). Nowi is also climbing the badass ranks.

There's a pretty huge jump in difficulty once you get past Chapter 13 depending on what son/daughter you're going for, yeah - depending on where you go as Sousa said. You'll know who you're going for the second that the mission starts, as the mother will usually be involved in dialogue and there's always this wacky "WOOO THEY ALWAYS TOLD ME MY MOM WAS ____ BUT I DIDN'T BELIEVE IT" quality to it.

Here I'll list them in spoilers:

Paralogue 5: Lissa's son Owain. Pretty easy. He's usually the one I get first. Make sure Lissa has Galeforce and make sure Owain talks to the guy in the bottom-most building. If you protect the guys in the buildings, they'll heal you. I like Owain a lot and he gets a ton of use paired up with Lissa as a Double Galeforce team.

Paralogue 6: Olivia's son Inigo, which I guess you can't do, which is a shame because Inigo kind of rules. Kind of difficult.

Paralogue 7: Maribelle's son Brady. Kind of tough, but if you've got two powered-up people with good compatibility and Galeforce (Lissa and Owain are good for this), you can conceivably get up to the boss and end it on the second turn. Brady is kind of eh though.

Paralogue 8: Sully's daughter Kjelle. One of the easier ones actually, probably worth doing second, but make sure Virion and Sully have the skills you want. Bring Gaius along to open chests and doors.

Paralogue 9: Sumia's daughter Cynthia. The hardest part is bailing her out because she will attack you if you get close. If she's Chrom's daughter, though, you want her quickly. Send Sumia up to get her and try to use Galeforce to propel yourself away from the archers.

Paralogue 10: Cordelia's daughter Severa. It's kind of tough to keep Severa alive--you want your guys to basically form a wall in front of her. Severa fucking rules, though, so I tend to do this one early.

Paralogue 11: Cherche's son Gerome. This is a brutally hard one. Gerome has good strength but tends to have pretty blah class options. I tend to do this one close to last. Bring people who can fly or else this one is going to eat you alive.

Paralogue 12: The avatar's daughter/son Morgan (opposite sex of the avatar). This is one of the easiest of the bunch, but you might not get it for a while if the avatar's not married. Bring Gaius for TREASURE.

Paralogue 13: Panne's son Yarne. This can be very easy or very hard. I tend to find it easy, taking the side of the green knights, but there are some heavy hitters about and it's hard to get going. Yarne can be pretty great, though, so I tend to do this one early.

Paralogue 14: Miriel's son Laurent. I don't much care for Laurent, but if you have some fliers, he can be had easily. It's a "kill the boss" mission. There are a lot of those in the last half of the game, and you'll learn that killing the boss can happen very, very quickly if you let it.

Paralogue 15: Tharja's daughter Noire. BLOOD AND THUNDER~! Her chapter is kind of slow but not particularly difficult. She's isolated, but her bow can take down the fliers nearby.

Paralogue 16: Nowi's daughter Nah. This one is brutally hard--aside from Gerome's, it's probably the toughest, because it's very, very easy to accidentally isolate people behind those magic walls that keep opening and closing. Having said that, if you've picked a good father for Nah (DONNEL!), she can be incredibly broken.

2gxiat1.jpg

Look at that shit. Look at it. Nah is nuts. Her skills there are Aptitude (from Donny), All +2, Limit Breaker (both from DLC), Sol, and Galeforce. Nah is ridiculous. There's a post-game battle with clones of your characters, and I had to remove Nah from my party because no one could kill her clone.

Until you settle into whatever the person's final class is, you should keep changing to get new skills. Some good classes for that:

* Dark Flier for Galeforce (obviously)

* Hero gets Sol (some recovery with attack)

* Sage gets Tomefaire (great for any magic-user)

* Dark Knight gets Lifetaker (automatic healing when an enemy is killed is handy)

* Assassin gets Lethality (occasional instant-kill, great with Galeforce)

* Swordmaster gets Astra (occasional 4x attack, individual versions of this attack might get Sol or Lethality so this is a great skill)

* Great Knight gets Luna (lowers defense)

* General/Paladin gets Pavise/Aegis (very powerful defense)

* Warrior gets Counter (half damage back after an attack)

The various -faire (Swordfaire, Axefaire, Tomefaire, Lancefaire) skills aren't bad but are hard to stack; Tomefaire works because most magic classes use those as nothing else. The -breaker skills (Tomebreaker, Axebreaker, etc.) are similar and have a similar problem, but I guess if you can sneak Bowbreaker onto a flying unit you should be okay.

But yeah, I like to level people up in each class until they have a good complement of skills and then get them onto something else before settling them into a good final class (Swordmaster, Great Knight, Sage, I'll list more but I have to leave).

• Like 1

If you have Sumia with Galeforce you can finish Chapter 13 in one turn. Pair her with Chrom, send her north to an enemy she can OHKO, and then when Galeforce kicks in just fly up to the boss and kill him. Boom.

I am offering all of this advice as someone who's actually never finished the game on Hard mode. :shifty:

Probably could have but I like experimenting with various couple combinations too much.

Should Ruki just mail Sousa the game and have him play play it?

He should probably do that with every video game ever, because holy Christ I've never seen him play a game without asking for help at every step.

Still a massive gaping asshole I see :)