The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

Apologies! Corrected.

Also! Fire Emblem? Tons of fun!

Just wait until Chapter 13! :shifty:

Also I'm not normally all "buy all the DLC" but the pack with EXPonential Growth/The Golden Gaffe/Infinite Regalia is a godsend, particularly once you hit Chapter 13.

Platinum and Gold rewards are out! And it's.. digital games.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/07/nintendo_goes_download_only_with_the_2014_club_nintendo_elite_rewards

Platinum
Game & Wario (Wii U)
NES Remix (Wii U)
EarthBound (Wii U)
Dr. Luigi (Wii U)
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (3DS)
Fluidity: Spin Cycle (3DS)
Dillon's Rolling Western (3DS)
Mario & Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move (3DS)

Platinum + Gold
Ice Climber (Wii U)
Kid Icarus (Wii U)
Super Mario Bros. (Wii U)
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (Wii U)
Donkey Kong 3 (3DS)
Wario Land II (3DS)
Metroid (3DS)
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (3DS)

Not really what I was expecting but.. hey! Free DKC Returns for me.

By accident I got the first mage you are given killed. Ooops.

Also, am I wrong, or is the best policy to just have everybody pair up and fight that way? (I have Chrom + the Pegasus lady teamiing up, as well as the fancy archer dude and Sully. They are gonna have the best romance)

Yeah, pairing people up helps a lot. If you don't want to marry someone off, pair them with someone of the same gender with whom they can build a relationship. I get a lot of mileage out of Donnel and Stahl because neither is particularly great on his own but both work until you get their spouses in order. Chrom/Sumia and Virion/Sully are actually both good combos for reasons I'm not going to tell. Just make sure you get Sully a Master Seal and turn her into a Dark Flier; she gets the Galeforce ability, which is completely baller.

Yeah, pairing people up helps a lot. If you don't want to marry someone off, pair them with someone of the same gender with whom they can build a relationship. I get a lot of mileage out of Donnel and Stahl because neither is particularly great on his own but both work until you get their spouses in order. Chrom/Sumia and Virion/Sully are actually both good combos for reasons I'm not going to tell. Just make sure you get Sully a Master Seal and turn her into a Dark Flier; she gets the Galeforce ability, which is completely baller.

I have no idea what any of those words mean.

I only just realized that you could equip different weapons on people! And that I bought Virion a bow he cannot use yet :(

Master Seal is an item that you can use to change from a first-tier class to a second-tier.

Dark Flier is a second-tier class that Pegasus Knights can turn into when they hit level 10.

Galeforce is an ability Dark Fliers learn at level 15; it lets them go again if they kill an enemy with one hit (which happens quite a bit).

You want Sumia to learn Galeforce before Chapter 13 if she's going to marry Chrom.