The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

So after a long time of not touching my Wii, I finally found New Super Mario Bros for sub £25 on Amazon, plus while that was being delivered I got Epic Mickey for a fiver in Sainsburys. Too many games, too little time. :(

I've finally gotten around to getting a Wii U, and have to say Mario Kart 8 is pretty great. The only thing about the whole "anti-grav" tracks is you don't really notice it, your wheels change but you may as well still be on the ground. Liking the off-TV play on it though.

Only had the good fortune to get the blue shell destroying item once, but used it to do just that. Also downloaded Monster Hunter as my free game, so that's pretty good.

Also, in 3DS Land, managed to send off a child from The War Doctor & Nikki (from Swapnote/Letter Box, had a QR code in an old Nintendo mag) and their child was as ugly as sin.

Edited by PkmnTrainerJ

Srar: get Lego City Undercover, it's super fun. Lego Marvel too if you haven't played it on PS4.

The new Donkey Kong is one of the prettiest games I've ever played, but I know frustrating games aren't really your thing and it is stupid hard.

Lego Marvel on Wii U is the best. I'm amazed how well a third party multi platform used the second screen. The open world New York with my niece and I each having our own screen is amazing. We spend more time playing hide and seek than the actual game.

Oh man that sounds fun. If we did get Lego Marvel though it would actually be the third system we owned it on :P Might try Lego City because Lego games are big fun for us. I thought I remembered liking Donkey Kong Country when I was younger and it does look gorgeous but if it's as hard as you say zero then yeah I should probably pass on that one :P

So after a long time of not touching my Wii, I finally found New Super Mario Bros for sub £25 on Amazon, plus while that was being delivered I got Epic Mickey for a fiver in Sainsburys. Too many games, too little time. :(

Turned on the start of Epic Mickey with my two year old. We're both traumatised and it will never go on again. :(

Just an update on Xenoblade:

I've played 72 hours, I think I'm nearly finished (although I've thought I've nearly finished twice before only for MORE PLOT TWISTS) and I'm loving it. Might have to play through it again and get all the quests done.

Is it sad that a game were final fantasy characters fight side by side with Donald duck is more epic than epic mickey?

The amount of times I've tried to get into Kingdom Hearts. What a fucking mess of a story and an average game to boot.
  • Like 1