Premier League 2019/20

Lineker

No idea how you can disallow that. His eye is on the ball, his hands are by his side, he's hardly clattered him. De Gea is just fucking soft. 

Hell it's not even a clear and obvious error.

2 minutes ago, Liam said:

That happens when you get fouled.

Might as well ban jumping for a ball near the keeper then if you're not allowed to challenge a goalkeeper

2 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

Might as well ban jumping for a ball near the keeper then if you're not allowed to challenge a goalkeeper

Every other sport with goalies pretty much has it that you can't touch them considering on how big an impact it potentially has as the last line of defense.

VVD didn't mean to foul him, but in colliding with him, the goalie has dropped the ball. That doesn't happen if the player doesn't catch him in a fashion that is illegal.

I've backed Liverpool to win the game, but that type of challenge has been a foul forever and a day. I don't get why people are complaining.

25 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Being reported at HT that Rashford will miss 2 to 3 months.

Double stress fracture of the back and a floating piece of bone in his ankle, so 2 ops basically. Will be lucky to make the Euros I reckon.

Why has he been allowed to play with

25 minutes ago, Liam said:

Every other sport with goalies pretty much has it that you can't touch them considering on how big an impact it potentially has as the last line of defense.

VVD didn't mean to foul him, but in colliding with him, the goalie has dropped the ball. That doesn't happen if the player doesn't catch him in a fashion that is illegal.

I've backed Liverpool to win the game, but that type of challenge has been a foul forever and a day. I don't get why people are complaining.

Theres no point ever attempting to go for the ball by that logic. Like what is he meant to do. Back off and let him just catch it? And i don't see how you can say that's illegal either. There isn't contact in that challenge I would consider unfair. You see it so many times and nothing is given. You see challenges when the contact has been unfair. As @Baddar said the one that was allowed against Everton I agree is a foul 100%. He has directly impeded the keeper and had made contact with his face. 

You can say I don't get why people are complaining but at the same time a lot of people are going to be saying the same or similar as I have been. If the roles were reversed I wouldn't have complaints if that was allowed for United and Alisson was challenged. 

If he wins the ball, fine. He doesn't and plays the keeper. That's a foul.

You can challenge for a ball against the keeper, but if you collide with the keeper without winning the ball, then that's a foul.

I'm not advocating for not challenging the keeper at all. You just can't be surprised when you take a punt at the ball, don't get the ball, hit the player, and it gets called a foul.

6 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Gary Neville always looks at those the right way - "Would I like that given against my team?" - if we had one chalked off for a similar challenge on Alisson I'd be gutted.

I like Gary Neville, but I also don't agree with that way of looking at things. Of course you'd be gutted. That doesn't make the decision incorrect.

Edited by Liam

Given our side, we gave Liverpool a much better game than I was anticipating. Kept them honest and forced Klopp into making tactical changes. Actually had a few big chances too.

Next season the result could well be the same, but I expect that our line-up will look far more threatening than that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

1 defeat in 61 league games is crazy isn’t it.

How did Alisson reach Salah before anyone else :lol:

He'd had by far the least to do so still had the legs. I can only assume that was the case.

Edited by Liam

23 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

So bored of all these interviewers constantly trying to get Klopp and Liverpool players to say they've won the league. They're not going to ffs, pack it in.

Yeah that's the first thing they keep asking and it's silly. Pro players are taught to give certain answers to questions like that. 

3 hours ago, Arjen Robben said:

So bored of all these interviewers constantly trying to get Klopp and Liverpool players to say they've won the league. They're not going to ffs, pack it in.

Got to keep asking though, because eventually someone will be the first to get the quote and the headline "Klopp finally confident of title win".

I get it's tedious though. But then Liverpool basically have the title wrapped up halfway through the season, it's a rarity.