The Emirates FA Cup 2019/20

Lineker

• Admin

Manchester United have condemned what appears to be racist abuse suffered by Jesse Lingard after Thursday’s FA Cup win at Pride Park, with the club to contact Derby for help in investigating the matter.

The incident occurred as Lingard and teammates got on to the coach outside the stadium. In footage seen by the Guardian, the forward is sworn at and then seems to be the target of a racist term as he enters the bus.

United are not saying anything publicly at this stage but are known to be extremely unhappy and concerned about the footage.

This is the latest allegation of racism being directed at a player in a season marked by the abuse of footballers.

• 2 months later...
  • Admin

Today should have been the FA Cup final - so this week's MOTD Top 10 focussed on FA Cup moments: 

Shearer

1. Steven Gerrard - 2006
  2. Wimbledon's Crazy Gang - 1988
  3. Ryan Giggs - 1999
  4. Wigan - 2013
  5. Ricky Villa - 1981
  6. Sunderland - 1973
  7. Crystal Palace - 1990
  8. Paul Gasgoigne - 1991
  9. Ronnie Radford - 1972
  10. Mickey Thomas - 1992

Wright

1. Wimbledon's Crazy Gang - 1988
  2. Wigan - 2013
  3. Crystal Palace - 1990
  4. Steven Gerrard - 2006
  5. Ryan Giggs - 1999
  6. Paul Gascoigne - 1991
  7. Sunderland - 1973
  8. Ricky Villa - 1981
  9. Ronnie Radford - 1972
  10. Mickey Thomas - 1992

• 5 weeks later...

They've definitely been better than they were against Southampton. I didn't watch the Everton game but have heard it played out similarly.

Utd have still been out playing them, from my perspective, but Norwich's attacking play has been... existent for once.

I was doing the washing up and missed the goal but that's the third game in a row that Norwich has made it to halftime without conceding, only to do so in the first 10mins of the second half.

I'm not sure whose been worse in this game - Lingard or Pukku.

Lingard is the pro clubs player who isn't actually that good, but refuses to pass every time he's in a shooting position.

Pukku just looks lost out there. No idea where to run, what to do, in almost every situation.

Godfrey just secured himself a transfer to Old Trafford - cleared a goalward Norwich free kick off the line XD

This tweet 😂😂😂

"If Luke Shaw keeps acting like he's high cholesterol Roberto Carlos and taking random shots that either hit the first man or go completely wide I'm gonna lose my shit"

High cholesterol Roberto Carlos. Fucking hell.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Baddar said:

This tweet 😂😂😂

"If Luke Shaw keeps acting like he's high cholesterol Roberto Carlos and taking random shots that either hit the first man or go completely wide I'm gonna lose my shit"

High cholesterol Roberto Carlos. Fucking hell.

In a similar vein, I just about lost my shit every time Lingard was on the ball in the second half. Dude needs to learn when to pass.