Premier League 2020/21

METALMAN

8 hours ago, Cymbols said:

Yeah push come to shove, country over club. Like, don’t get me wrong, the Villa means a whole lot to me, but nothing comes close to the goosebumps I get when the National Anthem plays. And I doubt anything will come close to the Euro 2016 campaign. That was pure magic.

If I wasn't born in England I'd totally be on board with the last bit as for the likes of the other home nation's I feel there's a better culture surrounding the team and the fans. 

For me it'll always be club over country no matter what. I love my team, I'm from the area, they're the lads who I follow week in week out. I want them as individuals to do well in the tournament's. 

I do like international tournaments. I like the atmosphere and spectacle of it. They need to jib of messing with the formats but that's a football whole issue. I like seeing players ice never heard of or rarely see, I like seeing the shocks and the stories etc. 

My problem, is the culture of being an England fan. I'm a scouser... A lot of the nobhead England fans are anti-scouse and will sing their shite songs. They'll also sing their shite 12 German bomber songs and throw around patio furniture when they're abroad, egg and chip loving, flag shagging nonces. I can't get on board with that. Then you've got the media when it comes to the national team etc. 

2 hours ago, Baddar said:

West Ham 2 up at Wolves already. They'll finish the evening in the CL places if they pick up all 3 points.

Who'd have thought that David Moyes is actually a football genius! 

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind if they got rid of international football altogether, Euros and World Cup are alright for the piss up but the England national team just overwhelms me with apathy. I'd like to win but not particularly moreso than I want us to win at the European table tennis championships or more than I want my local village team to win. It probably doesn't help that we have played shite football for most of the last 20 years and the team is mostly filled with players that are cunts when they're wearing any other shirt.

Harry Kane is apparently going to ask to leave Spurs this summer if they fail to qualify for the Champions League. I can't blame him if it happens, and as much as I fear saying it, Kane feels like such a natural fit in how City play right now.

• Admin

I wouldn't blame him either. However, in a pandemic world and him less than halfway through a six-year contract, I just do not foresee an unwilling Daniel Levy sanctioning a sale.

Certainly not to a Premier League rival, anyway. And one might expect the other big European teams to prioritise younger players at that position, like Haaland or Mbappe? We shall wait and see!

Yeah Kane can ask to leave all he wants but I don't see how a move happens this summer. He'll be 28 so I don't think he's at the top of the pecking order for transfers but Levy will basically want whatever Mbappe or Haaland get.

He would be absolutely perfect for City but I can't possibly envision a move to a PL rival.

Bit of a fortunate goal but least we deserve. 

Also I've realised now that VAR expects players to run like Ed, Edd and Eddy seen as though we still keep getting ridiculous armpit/shoulder/elbow offsides given

hqdefault.jpg

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, DavidMarrio said:

Bit of a fortunate goal but least we deserve. 

Also I've realised now that VAR expects players to run like Ed, Edd and Eddy seen as though we still keep getting ridiculous armpit/shoulder/elbow offsides given

hqdefault.jpg

17 hours ago, Colly said:

That implies some level of precision, rather than a second set of inept referees looking over the first set, with this hilarious "clear and obvious rule" which has led to "I don't think that would have been ruled out if he'd given it, but he hasn't so it's not a pen". The only thing that's measured is offside, and all that's done is removed the concept of level, ruling out goals where players have gained no advantage whatsoever (and to an even greater extent thanks to the change to the handball rule making the lines completely arbitrary) which is completely against the spirit of the law.

If it genuinely made the game consistent and fairer it would be great, but it's just added an extra layer of complexity and a load of extra time to every game.

Literally yesterday. It's broken.

• Like 1