Premier League 2020/21

METALMAN

Subbing Sissoko on for Lo Celso was such a grim statement of intent and it bled through the team after that. I've never been so apathetic towards a game because of a sub, while drawing. 

Then he takes Ndombele off - so that, once again, when we inevitably go behind because of his negative tactics, we don't have anyone in midfield who can progress the ball to the attackers to even launch a comeback. 

Fucking sick of Jose - I don't enjoy watching us play anymore. Should've been sacked months ago. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Subbing Sissoko on for Lo Celso was such a grim statement of intent and it bled through the team after that. I've never been so apathetic towards a game because of a sub, while drawing. 

Then he takes Ndombele off - so that, once again, when we inevitably go behind because of his negative tactics, we don't have anyone in midfield who can progress the ball to the attackers to even launch a comeback. 

Fucking sick of Jose - I don't enjoy watching us play anymore. Should've been sacked months ago. 

There's been a few games where Jose has ballsed up a match because of his substitutions. 

Perfect example was Bergwijn being subbed off against us at Anfield with I think Reguillon coming on? We were having kittens whenever you were on the counter and that sub literally turned the match round in our favour as our midfield started to dominate. 

• Admin

I hate calling for manager's heads (Sherwood aside) but yeah, this Mourinho experiment is only ending one way. 

Can we even afford to sack him though? The pandemic has hit our finances so very hard. I can only see it happening if we fail to such a degree that a contract clause is met which gives us an easier out.

15 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Wolves vs. Sheffield Utd has been rescheduled to avoid clashing with Prince Philip's funeral.

it's what he would've wanted

• Like 3

You know, the run in SHOULD favor Liverpool since every side fighting for Top 4 faces other Top 4 contending sides or the Manchester sides 3x in the remaining fixtures, except West Ham who have 2 of those fixtures. Some also still face Arsenal too, if you count them as a top side still. Liverpool only face Man United, but with our record against the bottom sides, it may not actually be to our advantage 🤣

19 hours ago, DavidMarrio said:

There's been a few games where Jose has ballsed up a match because of his substitutions. 

Perfect example was Bergwijn being subbed off against us at Anfield with I think Reguillon coming on? We were having kittens whenever you were on the counter and that sub literally turned the match round in our favour as our midfield started to dominate. 

Bergwijn also missed a chance in that game that Jose zoned in on, and as such so did the fans, and now his confidence is shot and he can't make the team. That's one of many examples of this year. Sanchez was dropped for one mistake against West Ham, dropped for 18 games, then thrown back in when things got bad again. He's dropped Bale after playing himself back into form, then having one bad game. Don't get me started on his treatment of Dele.

I hope we can afford to sack him. We have to. Poch was sacked for much less. 

Much like when United appointed him, it was an odd one as he doesn't suit the style the fans and club want the team to play. So when Jose's way of doing things isn't working either, this happens.

They could give him more time but he'll have isolated and fallen out with even more players/people within the club by then.