Premier League 2020/21

METALMAN

And it very much looks like it's happening. 

Like...it feels like a bad fit. 

But we've also never been in a position to hire a coach who has won 5 league titles in his last 7 seasons at club level. 

Well...at least it won't be dull.

Not saying I'm a bad omen, but I bought my first Everton shirt in over ten years and then Ancelotti left. Glad I didn't get a name on it, because they'd definitely either break their leg or leave.

4 hours ago, Kyle. said:

Not saying I'm a bad omen, but I bought my first Everton shirt in over ten years and then Ancelotti left. Glad I didn't get a name on it, because they'd definitely either break their leg or leave.

I think I had a run of three Chelsea shirts where my dad put a name on the back and the player left within a month, so it's not just you.

32 minutes ago, Bad News Jericode said:

I think I had a run of three Chelsea shirts where my dad put a name on the back and the player left within a month, so it's not just you.

My dad's first wife's daughter (no relation) had a Le Saux Blackburn shirt as a birthday present. He was sold the next day.

42 minutes ago, Colly said:

I got Owen on the back of a Newcastle shirt. There's no timing based anecdote to that, it was just a stupid fucking thing to do.

I almost got an Owen shirt as well but the price put me off when I could get one without his name on it for significantly less. My cheapness bailed me out.

6 minutes ago, Baddar said:

I'll admit that in the past I've got players on the back of shirts that aren't always the 'popular' choice, but I've had some stinkers tbf.

Eagles

Macheda

Mkhitaryan (who left a window later)

...to name a few.

Chris Eagles?

2 hours ago, Baddar said:

He did always have Ronaldo ahead of him mind you. That guy turned out alright.

He's no Bebe

I've only ever had two names on the back of shirts for this exact reason, and even they are mainly because Rovers play in hoops so it often looks weird with a big white empty box on the back.

But one was James Hayter who had just scored a Wembley winning goal and thus having his name there became timeless, and the other was Mark Wilson (ex Man Utd) who was a bit shit but I liked him and allegedly looked a bit like him at the time - this was like 10 years ago, and he was never going to be poached by another team.

Now, if the white box is too annoying on a new shirt I just get my favourite number put on it and no name.