The Emirates FA Cup 2020/21

Colly

21 minutes ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

I feel bad for him because he's so badly out of his depth and has no business playing at this level yet, but he's trying his best. And then he's going to have to deal with shithead fans abusing him online for being a teenager trying to play against Marcus Rashford.

I just hope he doesn't let days like this kill his confidence.

I have a name, Szumi 😡

And there’s the third goal we were always going to be conceding :( 

Fabinho’s really good in this role but it’s so obvious he’s not comfortable, right? This isn’t the first or even second time he’s made an error that’s led to a goal. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Benjamin said:

I have a name, Szumi 😡

And there’s the third goal we were always going to be conceding :( 

Fabinho’s really good in this role but it’s so obvious he’s not comfortable, right? This isn’t the first or even second time he’s made an error that’s led to a goal. 

I don't think we were always going to concede it tbh

Fabinho is just a bit too heavy handed being a defensive midfielder which you can’t do as a CB near or in the penalty area. It feels like his tackle that led to the penalty against Sheffield Utd or even almost giving a penalty against Burnley. 

7 minutes ago, Benjamin said:

Fabinho is just a bit too heavy handed being a defensive midfielder which you can’t do as a CB near or in the penalty area. It feels like his tackle that led to the penalty against Sheffield Utd or even almost giving a penalty against Burnley. 

You mean the one that wasn't a foul in the area? 

Fuck it. Mickey Mouse cup anyway... :shifty:

Liverpool played well, I think. Some bad luck coming from Williams being out of his depth and a soft free.

Having watched them 2 weeks in a row. United are a bit crap really. 

13 minutes ago, Hobo said:

Liverpool played well, I think. Some bad luck coming from Williams being out of his depth and a soft free.

Having watched them 2 weeks in a row. United are a bit crap really. 

Yet you couldn't beat them either time. 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 9 to 5 said:

They couldn't beat us at Anfield though whereas the mighty Burnley could. 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1

I'll admit we haven't been fantastic this season.

But we're top of the league, and definitely resilient, coming from behind on numerous occasions when before, we'd have collapsed to defeat.

There are issues at the back that keep costing us goals. We look better with Bailly in there to add that bit of pace, even though he can be a little crazy at times.

Pogba has hit form at the right time, Rashford and Greenwood can always make things happen in a flash, Cavani actually makes us look like we have a centre forward, and Bruno can have a shocker for 70 minutes in a game but still provide the assist or goal to win it. 

So there's plenty of good signs, and they're outweighing the bad at the moment.

14 minutes ago, Baddar said:

I'll admit we haven't been fantastic this season.

But we're top of the league, and definitely resilient, coming from behind on numerous occasions when before, we'd have collapsed to defeat.

There are issues at the back that keep costing us goals. We look better with Bailly in there to add that bit of pace, even though he can be a little crazy at times.

Pogba has hit form at the right time, Rashford and Greenwood can always make things happen in a flash, Cavani actually makes us look like we have a centre forward, and Bruno can have a shocker for 70 minutes in a game but still provide the assist or goal to win it. 

So there's plenty of good signs, and they're outweighing the bad at the moment.

End of the day you're winning games and that's all that matters. Especially in a Covid-19 struck season where everyone is dropping points, having periods of good form and periods of bad form. 

I still think we are the better team overall but you can only beat what's in front of you on the day. I don't think it was a freekick but it was a brilliant hit. 

1 hour ago, 9 to 5 said:

yeah, because Liverpool have also been crap 🤷‍♂️

But I get the sense from the United team, that it's like a Brendan Rodgers Liverpool side. Mostly kinda shit but one or two players can carry it for a while but if you lose those players through injury or lack of form or just fatigue then the team falls off a cliff.

That's kinda what is happening to Liverpool at the moment but the difference is Liverpool, I think, still have a much higher ceiling.

At some point people are going to have to wake up to the idea that maybe Ole's United are the real deal.

Unbeaten away from home in domestic competition in a year. Top of the Premier League, through in the FA Cup, mounting come back after come back after come back. It's physically and mentally strong, technically adept and when there are issues, both players and manager step up and address them. It's clearly our best team since Fergie left, and it's wonderful to watch us play at the moment.

If I'm being honest United still looked a far better team, every time they went forward it felt like we were going to concede and every time we went forward it felt like nothing was going to come out of it. The first goal was really bad defending from Lindelof and the second Salah actually hit straight at the keeper. Nothing outside of Mo feels crisp and sure. There was a sequence of Mane and Bobby passing the ball between themselves as if it was a hot potato. It's awful.